Installation problem wth 4.10 in OSX and Pro Tools LE

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

yudaman

Installation problem wth 4.10 in OSX and Pro Tools LE

Post by yudaman »

I created a Pro Tools session a few weeks ago while trying the demo of Drumagog 4.10, and decided to buy the Pro version on DVD. While it fully installs (no errors), I can't get the Pro or the Plat version to load/work in Pro Tools LE now. The session with Drumagog in it crashes on loading, with an indication that the Drumagog plugin is missing, and never fully loads. Other sessions without Drumagog run fine, but the program doesn't exist in any plug-in folder, VST or RTAS.

I ran uninstallations on both the 4.10 demo and retail versions, but PT still won't fully load the session containing the demo of 4.10 and runs fine on others. yikes

If it matters, I installed the Gog files in a Library\Plug-in directory, not the \Drumagog directory in Applications, but don't think that should matter.

Any help is greatly appreciated - Thanks

Mac G5 Quad
Pro Tools LE 7.3.1
OSX 10.4.2
Drumagog retail DVD Pro version 4.10
Teri
Site Admin

Post by Teri »

Hello,

The location of the gog files do not matter in this issue. When you installed Drumagog Pro, did you use the Easy Install or Custom Install? The RTAS-related files (drumagogFL.dpm and drumagog.dpm) should be located in the following location on a Mac: HD>Library>Application Support>Digidesign>Plugins. If the files are not here or are not on your computer after searching, I suggest a reinstall. By the way, there is no need to uninstall Drumagog since the installer overwrites any exisiting files (except sample library).

Are you sure that the DVD disc is Pro v4.10? Most of the Drumagog discs sold in retail stores are older versions. You can determine if the version number by navigating to the advanced tab in Drumagog and selecting "About Drumagog" (blue/purple oval). If your copy of Drumagog Pro is not v4.10, I suggest updating to v4.10. You can download the update by visiting our download page at http://www.drumagog.com/download.htm under the "Retail Download & Updates" heading.

Let me know how this goes.

Best Regards,
Teri Grossheim
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.