Using drumagog in stealth mode issue

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

mtingle

Using drumagog in stealth mode issue

Post by mtingle »

I've been using drumagog in Auria and I'm having an issue with stealth mode. I've a quite sparse drum loop that has a snare hit on it that I'd like to replace. I've chosen stealth mode as I don't want to loose the other drums from the loop sample, just exchange the snare hit. everything is fine apart from that the new snare sample is truncated after it is triggered creating a gating type effect which I definitely don't want. when I turn stealth mode off the snare is exactly as I'd like to hear it but of course the rest of the drums have now disappeared.

Question, is it possible to have a mode where the samples that are triggered in stealth mode are allowed to be played out rather than being truncated? Ideally it would be a slider that gave some control over how long before the sample is faded out allowing some creative control over the tail of the sound (could be useful in regard to cymbals for instance).

Perhaps there is a way to do this already in drumagog but I could not find it.

Great app btw
Chris M
Expert

Re: Using drumagog in stealth mode issue

Post by Chris M »

Hello,

Using the Stealth Response and Stealth Crossfade options, you may be able to achieve what you're intending. A lower Stealth Response value will delay the original audio from coming back in--this setting is the volume threshold that, when the replacement passes below it, triggers the crossfade. Furthermore, a higher Stealth Crossfade setting will increase the length of the crossfade. This will make the cutoff less abrupt. A balance of these two values should get you the results you're looking for.

Best,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs
mtingle

Post by mtingle »

Thanks for the reply Chris. Am I missing something, I don't seem to be able to find the settings panel on the Auria version of the plugin. Is there one and if so how do I find it?
Chris M
Expert

Post by Chris M »

Hello,

Sorry for the confusion--i missed that this was the Auria version. These parameters are not part of Auria's version of Stealth Mode. Rather, I suggest you make a copy of the loop--use one copy to trigger full replacement of the snare, and the other for the original loop.This way you can balance these two tracks separately for the blend you're looking for.

Best,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs
mtingle

Post by mtingle »

Hi Chris,

ah, ok thought Auria didn't have a settings page.

I've implemented the 2 track version you suggested and it works though it does have one main drawback.
-if you don't want the original snare in the mix at all (maybe it is too loud) you have to put a drumagog on the track and put it in stealth mode and turn the output to zero (to duck the snare) but the remaining audio has clipping on it.

The Stealth Response and Stealth Crossfade options would certainly come in handy for curing/ reducing these clipping noises. Do you think they might be added into the Auria version?

Michael
Chris M
Expert

Post by Chris M »

Hello,

It's something we'll certainly take into consideration, especially when we do an update to Drumagog in general.

Best,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs
neilwilkes
Expert

Post by neilwilkes »

Why not try duplicating the track you need to trigger the Snare from, and put D5 on that in not-stealth mode, and mix it underneath the other track?
Nuendo 5, 5.5 & 6 and Cubase 6,7 & 7.5 with WK-ID Controller.
Fully 64-bit Intel Xeon E5-2687W 8-Core CPU with 32GB Quad Channel RAM
Adam A7 x 5, RME RayDAT 1 into 2 RME ADI-8 DS, Tascam DA-88 to RME ADI-8.