polarity phase of samples?

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

billiamwalker

polarity phase of samples?

Post by billiamwalker »

Does the phase polarity of the sample matter using drumagog? I was thinking since it's a different samples then it wouldn't matter or cause phase problems. But i'm just curious because sometimes i'll sample in a in thick snare with some body to it and it'll sound thin in the mix.

thanks for any help dudes!
Ashley06

Post by Ashley06 »

Are you replacing or layering? If the latter, then, of course phase alignment matters. You should nudge the hits so the peaks and troughs align with each other.

What host are you using?

:)
Powerbook G4, 1.5 GHz, 2GB RAM, Logic Pro 8.x, Protools 8.0cs2, Drumagog Platinum

Mac Pro Quad 2.66GHz, 5GB Ram, Digi 002, PT 8.0cs2 + CPTK add-on, Logic 8.x, BFD 2.1.0.47 and Drumagog Platinum
billiamwalker

Post by billiamwalker »

i think you missed understood me. I'm talking about the polarity. If my drum tracks are all in negative then do i need the drumagog file to have the same polarity as well?
zumbido
Expert

Post by zumbido »

???
Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim »

I think what you're asking is if the original recording has a snare mic that's inverted for example, if you need to worry about triggering in Drumagog. Drumagog's align algorithm assumes that your source tracks are not inverted, so you may have to nudge the tracks after you're done if they don't align correctly (or disable Drumagog's auto align).

Best Regards,
Rim Buntinas
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.