Drumagog checkbox in BFD

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

zumbido
Expert

Drumagog checkbox in BFD

Post by zumbido »

I never noticed this until today.

What is the effect? What is NOT happening when it's not checked?

Obviously, I've been running Drumagog Platinum and BFD for a month now without it checked.

:oops:
Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim »

This checkbox should normally be checked if using Drumagog with BFD. It causes BFD to remember its latency settings for the next time the session loads. If it's not checked, when you recall the session, the latency will be off.

Some hosts don't need the checkbox, but it's best to be safe, and check it.

Best Regards,
Rim Buntinas
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
zumbido
Expert

Post by zumbido »

Thanks Rim! This may explain why things change (latency) from day to day.

I'll check it.

lloydlee

Where is that check box?

Post by lloydlee »

Am I blind or just an idiot? Every time I open BFD is says "DRUMAGOG" in yellow in the Kit Piece Inspector main view but I don't find anywhere to check or uncheck the box. I know the User's Guide says it is in the "settings pane" but I don't see that anywhere either. Where the heck is the settings pane in BFD?
zumbido
Expert

Post by zumbido »

The 'yellow' DRUMAGOG is normal.

The 'Drumagog Check Box' is located in the 'Play Options Panel'. Click on the icon that has the box and checkmark.

The 3rd column 'Engine Options' has the 'Drumagog Check Box'.

You'll see: '16-bit Mode', 'Drummer Perspective' and last is the 'Drumagog Check Box'.

I went a few weeks before even noticing it.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim »

Note: It's very important to have the latest BFD version installed. Drumagog will not work properly with older BFD versions. The minimum version required is: 1.5.046. I strongly recommend downloading at least 1.5.046 B7, as this has several fixes that prevent crashing in Pro Tools.

The "Drumagog Mode" checkbox is not present in BFD versions earlier than 1.5.046.

You can check what version of BFD you have installed by looking at the upper left corner of the BFD screen.

Best Regards,
Rim Buntinas
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.