Cannot get a challenge code

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

neillaird

Cannot get a challenge code

Post by neillaird »

Hi, I purchased the basic package yesterday, I initially tried to buy through the demo version but this just froze Logic so I went on line and bought it through the website. I downloaded the software and .gog files I wanted and then opened Logic to get back to mixing. As the plugins were scanned the authorisation box came up and I selected challenge/ response as I don't have an iLok. I clicked the button available to generate the code and that's where everything stopped working. Logic froze and I eventually had to force quit. I repeated this process several times with shut downs and even downloaded I'll software and drivers just in case, still no joy, I tried to use Garage Band to authorise but the same thing happened.

My system is fairly old and outdated but does the jobs I need it to do. I'm using Logic Pro 8 on a duel 2.5ghz processor G5 running 10.4.11. Logic is legit version and not a copy and everything I run is 'cosher'. How can I get past this hurdle, as I can't even get as far as getting a challenge code? I ran the demo version with no trouble once I'd updated the pace drivers. I've also tried to rescan audio units when Logic is running but I just get an error code and can't use Drumagog as a plugin.

I really don't want to fork out for an ilok or loose USB space could I use a different mac to get a challenge code and then complete the process on my music machine? Or will this just ruin everything, I have a couple of other more modern macs but they aren't used for music. Any suggestions??

Thanks in advance.

Neil
neillaird

Re: Cannot get a challenge code

Post by neillaird »

Auto correct changes ilok to I'll. Should read I downloaded ilok software & drivers.
neillaird

Post by neillaird »

Hi again,

It's not the challenge and response that I'm after I just had another go with my machine and it's the license request that does not work. I get the eternal pin wheel when I click on the 'Save License Request' button. I downloaded the software to my Macbook and opened Garage Band and that worked first time, I transferred the license request to my music machine and then went to the site to get my License. This all worked fine, I've now reopened Logic and clicked 'Read License', and once more I'm back to the eternal pin wheel that means I'm going to eventually force quite the application, I've had a couple of fan noises but even that has stopped now! Is there a problem doing the authorisation using OS 10.4.11? It says its supported and worked fine for the demo. What am I missing? I have a license on the computer and the software installed what should I do to be able to use it. I really don't want to get an iLok key but this seems to be the only way around this at the moment, plus I don't want to get one now and find that that doesn't work either. Is there a patch for this? As I just use the machine for music and only use Logic 8 I don't want to update the OS on the machine as it all works fine, it doesn't go online a lot and just does recording and mixing well.

It all seems to work as it should on Lion on my other machine, but G5s won't run Lion and I don't really need any of the stuff in Leopard or Snow Leopard for what I use the machine for.

Thanks again and sorry if the previous challenge and response stuff was confusing, I wasn't at the machine when I wrote the initial post and couldn't remember what the process was called.

Neil
neillaird

Post by neillaird »

Hi, I figured there's probably no solution to this dilemma and bought an iLok, all
Working now.