Timing issues with midi out!

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

Dj_john8

Timing issues with midi out!

Post by Dj_john8 »

Hey there!

I'm in the middle of mixing some drums i've recorded, and i'm using Drumagog as a midi trigger (obviously). However, i seem to have some trouble with timing/latency... Whenever i have created a midi track from my audio tracks (for example the kick drum) there seems to be some inconsistensies with the timing of the individual triggered midi hits. Relative to each other, they don't sync up with the original recording... So i can't just select all the triggered hits and just sync up the first hit, because the following hits will each be either delayed or too fast compared to the original recording. It's particularly bad when fast notes are played, which happens alot in our music (prog metal).

So, has anyone seen something like this?

EDIT: Forgot to say, i'm using Cubase 5 64-bit.
Chris M
Expert

Re: Timing issues with midi out!

Post by Chris M »

Hello,

Sorry you're having trouble. A few things could help us diagnose the problem:

1) What version of Drumagog are you using?
2) What triggering mode is it in?
3) What is the transient detail slider setting?

Keep in mind, converting an audio track to midi is the least accurate method of drum replacement, since there's no such thing as sample-accurate MIDI. Loading a sample in Drumagog, keeping things in the audio domain, is the best way to align the new and old sounds. However, if you're hoping to quantize, this obviously won't work.

Best,

Chris Miller
WaveMachine Labs
ARIEL

Re: Timing issues with midi out!

Post by ARIEL »

Hi , I am having the same problem with triggering via midi . I convert my audio drum tracks to midi then assig to Drumagog . My problem is it seems to be missing notes . But the timing is dead on with my midi/audio . Better than if I use auto align .
I am using Cubase 5 , win XP .transient detail is default 70 . advanced triggering . Drumagog vs 5 .