Drumagog's latency

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

Hope209

Drumagog's latency

Post by Hope209 »

I was using Drumagog in Pro Tools LE (no automatic delay compensation) and with the Advanced tab checked and the detail slider all the way to the right, there was delay throughout the track. I manually cut and shifted the drumagog bounced down track so that the first kick hits lined up, but as the track went along the following kick hits were slightly off.

If I used Drumagog in a sequencer that has ADC would I experience this problem? The ADC accounts for the sample delay caused by placing the plugin on a track, but what I've mentioned is the latency that is produced as Drumagog replaces each hit....right? Hopefully someone can understand what I'm trying to say...Thanks!
Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim »

Hi,

Auto Delay Compensation should solve all the latency problems. In some cases, Auto Align can cause some problems (usually a few samples off) if the source track is very different than the replacement sample. Usually, this can be fixed by adjusting the auto align parameters on the advanced page.

Regards,
Rim
permeke

Post by permeke »

Hope, I understand exactly what you mean.
Although drumagog triggers perfectly all hits, when I zoom in , the latency is randomly.
Tried it all, autoalign, etc.
I always record the new ( replacement drumagog ) track.
So it's easy to see when zoomed in.
Shifting back the whole doesn't doe it for me either, Need to mannually adjust the samples :?

I'm on PT HD, but I doubt the used program is the cause.
Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim »

Hi,

If you're seeing random shifting plus or minus 30 samples or so, this is normal, and most likely caused by auto align attempting to align the samples. If you are seeing more than that, it's something else. How many samples are you seeing?

If you are using Drumagog in Pro Tools HD, make sure you use the Fixed Latency version, and that ADC is turned on in your Pro Tools settings (Operations menu, and also make sure it is set to "Long" in the playback options).

Best Regards,
Rim Buntinas
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.