"Not enough memory to load saved sample"

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

reed_Safehaven

"Not enough memory to load saved sample"

Post by reed_Safehaven »

I'm running Adobe Audition 3 on Vista 64-bit with 8gb RAM. Why am I getting a "Not enough memory to load saved sample" warning that shuts down AA3? I'm not running any other apps when I'm running AA3. The session is plugin-intensive (lots of instances of Drumagog), but after checking the Task Manager, I see that I'm still WAY below my memory usage limit.

Any ideas?
ARIEL

Re: "Not enough memory to load saved sample"

Post by ARIEL »

I was just going to post a similar topic so i'll join yours . I get the same message , Cubase 5 user with XP - when i go through my library of samples it seems after a while the memory gets full , like Drumagog is not not releasing the previous loaded samples which it should . So I always have to close down the song and re open it to get rid of any excess samples in memory . Will this be fixed in vs 5 ? anyone else have the same prob ? thanks - Ariel
reed_Safehaven

Post by reed_Safehaven »

It turns out that programs like Cubase and Audition have an intrinsic memory limit. I don't know what it is for Cubase, but for Audition it's 2gb. So even though my x64 system allows for all 8gb of my installed memory to be used, Audition is crippled at 2gb. Perhaps it's a similar problem with Cubase?
Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W »

Hello,

A 32-bit application, like Audition, can only access 2 GB of ram, no matter if you have Windows x64 or how much memory you have installed. Plugins also have memory restrictions, and as Drumagog is also a 32-bit application each instance is limited to the 2 GB rule, though it is much more likely that Audition will run into its limit first.

Cubase is available in both x86 and x64 editions, so to use the additional memory you must install the x64 version of Cubase.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com
ARIEL

Post by ARIEL »

Hi , actually my problem is not running out of ram so to speak - The problem is when i go through my collection to find what snare or kik I want - after a while , I get a message saying not enough memory etc , I am not loading 20 instances of drumagog - just scrolling through my snare selections with a single plug in of drumagaog loaded- So my question is each time i go through a new snare gog , then click on another snare gog , it is not dumping the previous selected gog , therefore after a while i have to restart cubase to dump all the samples that drumagog seems to be holding on to . So is this a problem with drumagog ? holding onto memory even though that sample is not being used anymore ?
ARIEL

Post by ARIEL »

ANy thoughts ? anyone ?
ARIEL

Post by ARIEL »

Ok I figured out the problem , My current batch of samples were all recorded at 32 bit float , what happens is after going through many kiks and sanre to audition them C5 or Drumagog does not unload them in ram , But my other batch of samples were at 24 bit , There is no issue there it seems to off load them as i can go through many many auditions of my gogs . hope this helps anyone else
vpars

Post by vpars »

Ariel thanks for that I had the same issue and it was driving me nuts. Thanks again.