cutoff bug in dp

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

dave pine

cutoff bug in dp

Post by dave pine »

i use drumagog for belltree's and cymbals, in the latest release, let's say i trigger a belltree that lasts 4 seconds using 4 short audio files that last 1/2 second a piece, and there are 4 trigger hits within those four seconds.

all i get is the attack of the belltree, then three more pieces ,middle, middle, end. if i switch the movie window to audio in/out meters, i can see the whole sample playing normally but the audio sounds like it's being key gated by the audio file hits.

if i have one hit and 5 seconds of silence on the audio trigger source the belltree plays out in full, unless i stop audio playback, then it cuts off.

the workaround i've found is to insert quan jr., or a number of other plugins before drumagog, those plugins some how correct what's going into drumagog and the whole belltree sample plays back in full, even with 1/2 sec trigger audio, or if i stop playback.

the weird thing is, this does not happen in files that drumagog was previously used in, only new ones.

anyone else seen/heard this?
Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim »

Dave,

First off, can you check what your Polyphony is set to? It should not be set to "Cym". The polyphony setting is on the advanced page. Try one of the other settings (like 16 or 32). "Cym" is for hihats, where you want it to cut off the sound as soon as another sample starts playing. Let me know if this works.

Best Regards,
Rim Buntinas
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
echostudios

Same thing

Post by echostudios »

I bought Drumagog last night and have the same problem. Here is what I have found... I have my first rack tom and it has a lot of snare bleed so I went through the track and cut out everything but the begining of the tom hit. I figured it would be enough to trigger the sample. It does but the sample only plays as long as the sound file is. If I drag the soundbite longer the trigger plays in full. If I leave it the same and butt a soundbite of silence up to it the sample will play in full. Drumagog is set up for 16 polyphony. It makes no sense to me, the sample should have nothing to do with soundbite length... as soon as it's triggered it should play unless stopped or cut off by another sample because of the HH setting.

Any ideas?

jay
dave pine

Post by dave pine »

insert a plug-in before it, most plugs fix this problem.....weird, i know :/
echostudios

Post by echostudios »

I'll try it tonight!!!

thanks

BTW... this program is exactly what I was looking for... great program

jay