Manually reinstalling Drumagog

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

Matt W
Expert

Manually reinstalling Drumagog

Post by Matt W »

Sometimes the best course of action when having trouble with software is to perform a reinstall. Corrupted authorizations, error messages when adding Drumagog to projects, or a plain old missing plugin, each can often be solved by reinstalling. If you have your DVD or downloaded installer the entire process takes less than 15 minutes.

Here are the individual steps to completely remove and then reinstall Drumagog:
Step 1: Backup sample library and Drumagog Favorites list.
1. Navigate to the Drumagog folder. On Windows this is c:\Program Files\Drumagog40 and on Mac its HD Root\Applications\Drumagog.
2. Inside this folder are a number of files and other folders, we want to move two of them. First, the "Gog Files" folder is where all of Drumagog's samples are stored, so move the entire Gog Files folder to a new location outside of the Drumagog folder. If your Gog Files are already stored in another location you can skip this step.
3. Then find a file called "Favorites.dat" and move it to a safe location outside of the Drumagog folder. If you don't use the Favorites option you can skip this step.

Step 2: Deleting Drumagog Folder
1. Now that everything important is safe, go ahead and delete the entire Drumagog folder. Be sure to empty the Trash/Recycling in order for this to work.

Step 3: Reinstall Drumagog
1. Download and install the "Full retail" version of Drumagog, using the latest appropriate version from our website (http://www.drumagog.com/download.htm). Be sure to scroll to the section labeled "Retail Downloads and Updates".
2. When presented with the choice of either the "full" or "update" versions, be sure to choose "full", as we are installing Drumagog from scratch.
3. When the download finishes, run the installer and Drumagog will reinstall itself.

Step 4: Restore your samples and Favorites
1. Locate the "Gog Files" folder and file "Favorites.dat" that you moved to safety in the first step.
2. Move this folder and file back into the Drumagog folder, recently recreated by the installer.
3. Agree to overwrite the versions already in this folder.

Step 5: Manually removing and reinstalling Drumagog will cause it to need re-authorizing, so unlock Drumagog
1. Open Drumagog within your audio program.
2. Click on the bottom of Drumagog where it says "click to unlock".
3. This will give you the CPUID. Enter this number into the form on the support page at http://www.drumagog.com/support.asp
4. The form will email you an unlock code automatically.
5. Enter this unlock code back into Drumagog.
6. Close Drumagog; close audio application.
7. Open audio application; open Drumagog; "click to unlock" message disappears.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com
jeffv

Re: Manually reinstalling Drumagog

Post by jeffv »

The link is broken for the retail version. Where can I download it? I placed my order late Friday night, is it possible they did not process my order yet? I didn't get an email confirmation or any receipt acknowledging that I have had a purchased but I do have the transaction on my credit card account. I only have access to the "Drumagog 5 Demos" on my account page.