Drumagog with Ocean Way Drum?

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

e_zvanut

Drumagog with Ocean Way Drum?

Post by e_zvanut »

I recently purchased a Ocean Way Drums, and I'm dying to use the samples in some replacement tracks, but Drumagog doesn't support the Kontakt format, and OWD used the Kontakt player. Anyone know of a workaround, or if they plan to support Kontakt/OWD at a later date?
Teri
Site Admin

Post by Teri »

I have not used Ocean Way Drums, but it seems that it relies on MIDI and has mapping capabilities. You can use Drumagog with other virtual instruments using virtual MIDI cables like MIDI Pipe (Mac) and MIDI Yoke (PC). Perhaps try using Drumagog in this fashion to trigger samples from the Ocean Way Drums library.

There is detailed Drumagog MIDI information starting on p. 67 of the PDF manual that can be downloaded from the download page.

In the future, we are looking to change the way Drumagog works with other virtual instruments.

Perhaps there are others who have used Ocean Way Drums that will chime in.
Teri Grossheim
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
zumbido
Expert

Post by zumbido »

It's a VERY costly library ($1795 & $895)!

I think one would be 'better' off with BFD2 (very good expansion packs)/DFHS/Larry Seyer for lot less!

The demo didn't sound any better ($1795?) than lots of other libraries for FAR less to me.

But to answer your question, yes Drumagog should be able to play this library.

I can currently play BFD2 and Larry Seyer Acoustic drums (within GigaStudio) from MIDI and/or a live mic'd kit. Also, BFD1.5 directly from Drumagog Platinum.
drvibb

Ocean Way Drums vs BFD2

Post by drvibb »

As a response to the Ocean Way Drums vs BFD2 subject...

BOTH are very usable.

BFD2 is great.

Ocean Way Drums is the BEST. It is well worth the extra money. Now, if they would only have an interface for retriggering...

I haven't tried it with Drumagog, but I will soon.

Drumagog is by far the most precise retriggering software interface yet!

Brian

www.brianvibberts.com
raal

Re: Ocean Way Drums vs BFD2

Post by raal »

drvibb wrote:As a response to the Ocean Way Drums vs BFD2 subject...

BOTH are very usable.

BFD2 is great.

Ocean Way Drums is the BEST. It is well worth the extra money. Now, if they would only have an interface for retriggering...

I haven't tried it with Drumagog, but I will soon.
please let us know what happens.
nexis

Post by nexis »

Ocean Way Drums sound good, but not worth the money. Steven Slate drums, in my opinion smoke anything in its path! ...and they're worth EVERY penny!
nexis