Why is the MIDI-input not working ?

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

bazement

Why is the MIDI-input not working ?

Post by bazement »

I set the output of a MIDI-track to a Drumagog-input, on the advanced page I activate the MIDI-IN setting and choose internal port. MIDI-channels and note-numbers are correct. I do it exactly the way it is described in the manual, but it does not work. Why ?

As far as I understand it, I need the MIDI-pipe just for routing MIDI from the Drumagog to another device, correct ?

Mac Dual 1.8 GHz, DP 5.11, Drumagog pro 4.10
zumbido
Expert

Post by zumbido »

I don't use Drumagog on a Mac running DP.

But... try this: not always is C1, in a given DAW, the same as C1 in Drumagog.

Try changing the MIDI note in Drumagog up or down in increments of an octave. Or have a keyboard controller sending via a record-enabled MIDI track routed with Drumagog inserted and play different keys (hopefully one will play Drumagog) til you find it.

Just an idea, here.

I can get Drumagog to work on my Mac (OS9) with Logic. That's as close to a Mac as I get with Drumagog, as I normally run it on a PC in Cubase.
bazement

Post by bazement »

I found the trick, everything I did was right, just one thing was missing. The audiotrack drumagog is inserted in, has to contain a soundfile. It works even if the soundfile is empty. As long as there's a file on the track (which can be also muted), drumagog reacts to incoming MIDI-data.
Unfortunatly it is not very tight, so it works better for me to record the snare from the MIDI-data using an old drummachine (this tight enough), and use drumagog on this drummachine snare.

G5 Dual 1.8 GHz, DP 5.11, Drumagog 4.10