Latency using BFD with DP...

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

willtompkins

Latency using BFD with DP...

Post by willtompkins »

I recently purchased the Platinum upgrade 1-2 weeks ago and just finally got around to using it within DP 5.11. I'm pretty frustrated because no matter how I try to instantiate the process there is considerable latency. I've done every thing I'm supposed to (in the correct order, of course), and am at my wits end on trying to get this to work. I've read the previous topic and it seems I'm not the only one having this problem in DP. In reference to that topic, I'd like to know Rim how it is actually working for you, especially when its impossible to insert BFD on an audio track in DP. I'd really appreciate any input.

Thanks,

-Will
willtompkins

Post by willtompkins »

Ok, so I found a solution. I have to use the standard plugin (not fixed latency) and make sure "Always run in real-time" is checked in DP plugin window of Drumagog. Hopefully this is something that can be fixed in an update? I'd still appreciate any input.

-Will
willtompkins

Post by willtompkins »

So it actually appears that since the standard plugin loads with the simple triggering engine, I perceived the latency to be gone. When moving the detail slider and also switching to advanced mode, the latency increased and became noticeble. I guess I'll have to freeze/print the tracks and/or make delay adjustments for the time being. Thoughts?

-Will
zumbido
Expert

Post by zumbido »

I'm not familiar with DP... but in Cubase, you have to select 'Plug-in Delay Compensation' in the global Audio System Setup.
willtompkins

Post by willtompkins »

Delay compensation is always on in DP, so it's definitely not that. Thanks for the comment though.

-Will
Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim »

I've identified some issues with latency when using Drumagog Platinum and BFD in DP. I haven't found a solution for this yet, but as soon as I do, I'll post it in an update. In the mean time, the workaround is to nudge the tracks. Using the non-fixed latency version is not a good idea in DP, because any time you switch triggering modes in Drumagog, DP will not see the new latency, and won't compensate for it.

Best Regards,
Rim Buntinas
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
gman

bfd dp

Post by gman »

hi
I have the same issue, a lot of latency using drumagog and bfd in dp 5.11 and a 2.7 PPC mac latency compensation on
i get less latency if i don't close drumagog fixed latency plug in window, (very strange).
I'll try the not fix latency to see what happend,.. i ll let you know
bazement

Post by bazement »

I have the same latency problem gettin drumagog with BFD to work properly
(Digital performer 5.11 Mac OSX 10.4.8, BFD 1.5 47)

I tried everything, of course opening drumagog (4.10 fixed latency version)
first, then BFD, auto align on or off, advanced page: bassdrum or snare
setting, psychoacoustical or actual peak, DP's feature plug in always run in
realtime checked and unchecked, and so on...
neilwilkes
Expert

Post by neilwilkes »

Rim wrote:I've identified some issues with latency when using Drumagog Platinum and BFD in DP. I haven't found a solution for this yet, but as soon as I do, I'll post it in an update. In the mean time, the workaround is to nudge the tracks. Using the non-fixed latency version is not a good idea in DP, because any time you switch triggering modes in Drumagog, DP will not see the new latency, and won't compensate for it.

Best Regards,
Rim Buntinas
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
Rim.

The latency is making the BFD feature unusable in Nuendo too.
I cannot seem to sort it out, but as the PDC in Nuendo is supposed to be comprehensive (I have no other problems) it has to be something I am doing wrong.
Can someone please give me a step-by-step, including the following:
1 - What version of Drumagog to use - fixed latency or full?
2 - WHERE are the Drumagog settings in BFD2? I cannot see anything at all
3 - WHY do the sample names make no sense? I see such helpful things as follows
(hit)
(snare2)
(hit)
(hit)
etc.
Baffled does not even come close to describing the feeling of frustration....

BFD2 2.04.19
Drumagog Platinum latest
Nuendo 5, 5.5 & 6 and Cubase 6,7 & 7.5 with WK-ID Controller.
Fully 64-bit Intel Xeon E5-2687W 8-Core CPU with 32GB Quad Channel RAM
Adam A7 x 5, RME RayDAT 1 into 2 RME ADI-8 DS, Tascam DA-88 to RME ADI-8.