Frustrated - Unlocking Drumagog

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

JohnRup

Frustrated - Unlocking Drumagog

Post by JohnRup »

OK so my old computer died and out with it went everything - i go to re-install Drumgago 4.11 on my new machine with Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit and - i got drumagog installed but when i unlock - i go about all the right way to unlock and then it tells you to close out and then close out Pro Tools and then restart it and it should be unlocked but that is not happening - no matter whAt it keeps asking me to unlock it - what can i be doing wrong?
Tracey

Re: Frustrated - Unlocking Drumagog

Post by Tracey »

Hi John,

If you're installing Drumagog on a new machine, you need to request a new unlock code at http://www.drumagog.com/support.asp

If you have any more issues, you can email us at support@drumagog.com

Thanks,

Tracey
JohnRup

Post by JohnRup »

i did that - got the new unlock code and it still does the same damn thing.
JohnRup

Post by JohnRup »

somethign is defintiely wacky - i tried this several times - getting the new unlock code and all and it just comes back and does the same thing

i am so frustrated right now.

i am using Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit and Protools 8.0.4 and right now i am shit out of luck.

here are some of the things that seem to pop up when i try opening drumagog too.

Error saving favorites file - "C:\Program Files (x86)\Drumagog40\favorites.dat"

then i click OK and then get this (again)

Error saving favorites file (2) - "C:\Program Files (x86)\Drumagog40\favorites.dat"

after that Drumagog opens still has the demo - evaluation expired - click to unlock and i do so and then i close out drumagog and then protools - just as the instructions tell me to - then go back in and get the same exact thing"

on top of this it is basically like useless as i know when i used it froever if i hit the snare drum in the window of drumagog i could hear and see the drum hit - now i get nothing - drumagog doesnt work at all.

HELPPPPPPPP!!!
Tracey

Post by Tracey »

Hi John,

So sorry you're having such problems! Here are the instructions for doing a manual removal and reinstall. Give them a try and see if that helps. If not, please contact us directly via email at support@drumagog.com so we can contact you directly to assist.

Step 1: Backup sample library and Drumagog Favorites list.
1. Navigate to the Drumagog folder. On Windows this is c:\Program Files\Drumagog40 and on Mac its HD Root\Applications\Drumagog.
2. Inside this folder are a number of files and other folders, we want to move two of them. First, the "Gog Files" folder is where all of Drumagog's samples are stored, so move the entire Gog Files folder to a new location outside of the Drumagog folder.
-Note- If you store your Drumagog samples outside of the main Drumagog folder you can safely skip this step.
3. Then find a file called "Favorites.dat" and move it to a safe location also, outside of the Drumagog folder.
-Note- If you do not use the Favorites option you can safely skip this step.

Step 2: Deleting Drumagog Folder
1. Now that everything important is safe, go ahead and delete the entire Drumagog folder. Be sure to empty the Trash/Recycling in order for this to work.

Step 3: Reinstall Drumagog
1. Download and install the "Full retail" version of Drumagog, using the latest appropriate version from our website (http://www.drumagog.com/download.htm). Be sure to scroll to the section labeled "Retail Downloads and Updates".
2. When presented with the choice of either the "full" or "update" versions, be sure to choose "full", as we are installing Drumagog from scratch.
3. When the download finishes, run the installer and Drumagog will reinstall itself.

Step 4: Restore your samples and Favorites
1. Locate the "Gog Files" folder and file "Favorites.dat" that you moved to safety in the first step.
2. Move this folder and file back into the Drumagog folder, recently recreated by the installer.
3. Agree to overwrite the versions already in this folder.

Step 5: Manually removing and reinstalling Drumagog will cause it to need re-authorizing, so unlock Drumagog
1. Open Drumagog within your audio program.
2. Click on the bottom of Drumagog where it says "click to unlock".
3. This will give you the CPUID. Enter this number into the form on the support page at http://www.drumagog.com/support.asp
4. The form will email you an unlock code automatically.
5. Enter this unlock code back into Drumagog.
6. Close Drumagog; close audio application.
7. Open audio application; open Drumagog; "click to unlock" message disappears.
JohnRup

Post by JohnRup »

Tracey,

Do you think i will have any problems like this with Drumagog 5? today is October 1st and i will go and purchase the upgrade for my Drumagog Pro tonight if you think this will help eliminate some of my hassles

Thanks for taking the time to reply - i was bombarded at work all week and finally got on here today and found your reply.
Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim »

John,

Drumagog 5 uses an entirely different authorization system, so you shouldn't have the kinds of problems you were experiencing with D4.

Rim
kdlutt

Re: Frustrated - Unlocking Drumagog: same issues with favori

Post by kdlutt »

Hello, I have run into the same favorites issue described by JohnRup (the Error saving favorites file - "C:\Program Files (x86)\Drumagog40\favorites.dat" issue).

I run two DAWS: Ableton 8 and Cubase 5, and my Drumagog 4 plugin is working perfectly in Cubase 5 but it does not work and displays the above favorites error when I enter Ableton 8 with Sessions containing Drumagog'd tracks. I am forced to get a new activation code and reenter, leave the application and restart the DAW/Drumagog. Then, when returning to the session, all my tracks again are forcing me to reactivate with a Demo Expired message (and no audio coming out of those tracks).

I also went through the process mentioned to manually remove and reinstall; to no success.

Also, I do not have both DAWs open at the same time.

Some questions:

- Can you only use Drumagog 4 in one DAW? I would think this is not correct, as the Plugins folder is open to utilize other plugins between programs/DAWs.
- I have Drumagog 4 installed on a couple computers depending on where I am working between studios. Is there any issue with this? We never run the computers at the same time while using Drumagog on one of them.

Or what is the solution other than upgrading to 5? Thank you for any guidance!
Chris M
Expert

Post by Chris M »

Hello,

You most likely just need a new unlock code (you need a new one when your system is changed in any significant way). You can retrieve one here: http://d4.drumagog.com/support.asp

Along with your current CPU ID, you'll need to use your original registration information. After completing the form, you should receive your unlock code within a few minutes.

Best,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs