Samples/Gog files not showing up

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

JDrew

Samples/Gog files not showing up

Post by JDrew »

Hello

Okay, got version 4 up and locked into my samplitude pro 8
Insert it into a file and the main window comes up but shows no samples
I found how to point it to the Gog folder and it does now but it is looking for wav files
I did the bottom drop window to look for the gog files and then it shows it for the search and I mark a sample and then when I hit it to go back to the main window there is nothing there, no samples to see and so no sound from anything

Is there a setting I am missing, something particular to samplitude or has this shown up in other host programs? What am I missing here, a button, a setting, a word, any ideas out there?

Thanks
Confused and yet determined to get this working
Take care

Jim
mat

Re: Samples/Gog files not showing up

Post by mat »

I've downloaded some samples from the Drumagog free library (mac) and created new folders for each type of drum,used the Stuffit Expander to unzip files and everything is fine, untill i use the brouse in Drumagog. the files are there only their faint and can't be clicked on. any clues? mat
JDrew

Re: Samples/Gog files not showing up

Post by JDrew »

My personal problem was that I did not have an actual GOG folder for my GOG files so I had to create one and then put all the GOG files in there. Then I would click that in browse and it would show all the folders inside if for the different drums and then I would hit return again without highlighting a specific file. YEAH! Now it all shows up as it should. Not sure if this will help anyone else but it is working superbly now. Don't know what I did to get rid of that file, probably just copied the subfolders into my Drumagog and left the mother file out of the mix. Silly me.

See if any option of this idea would allow your files to be seen
I don't know, just a guess

Jim