cubase 4 crashing with drumagog and BFD2

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

darren verpeut

cubase 4 crashing with drumagog and BFD2

Post by darren verpeut »

I am an excited new owner of Both Drumagog and BFD2, I use Cubase 4 and I run it on a Mac Pro with 12 gigs of ram and it's a 10.5. I have never had any problems with my mac crashing until now. I am not sure what is going on but I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out. Here's what I am doing.For example...I open up my project in Cubase 4 and I solo out my bass drum track.I open up Drumagog as an insert and it works just fine. I then add an instrument track and in my dropdown menu on the instrument track window in cubase there is an option for bfd2 stereo and just plain ol bfd,I choose the bfd2 stereo. sometimes all I have to do is go to drumagog and choose <BFD> and it works but if I try to add another track to do a snare for example, cubase freezes on me,and or the mouse freezes on me.I have had to shut down my computer and start it up again probably ten times in the past 2 days and haven't really gotten any different results.I am so excited to use this stuff and am so frustrated with no answers that I can find online anywhere....Any help would be awesome...thanks. :wink:
Matt W
Expert

Re: cubase 4 crashing with drumagog and BFD2

Post by Matt W »

For anyone still experiencing this problem, there is an update for BFD available at FXpansion.com.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com
neilwilkes
Expert

Re: cubase 4 crashing with drumagog and BFD2

Post by neilwilkes »

It all works very nicely here on Nuendo 4 & 5 with BFD 2.1
Nuendo 5, 5.5 & 6 and Cubase 6,7 & 7.5 with WK-ID Controller.
Fully 64-bit Intel Xeon E5-2687W 8-Core CPU with 32GB Quad Channel RAM
Adam A7 x 5, RME RayDAT 1 into 2 RME ADI-8 DS, Tascam DA-88 to RME ADI-8.