Drumagog makes Cubase 5 crashing when saving

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

killerbob

Drumagog makes Cubase 5 crashing when saving

Post by killerbob »

Hello,
I've just purchased Drumagog Basic 4.11b and I tried to run it on Cubase 5.1.1 but I experience a crash when saving a project. Cubase alert just says "Cannot save the project because it's corrupted" and then I have to reboot the PC because the program crash.
I contacted Cubase Support but they told me it's a problem of Drumagog, since Cubase works fine until I add Drumgog as plug-in in a track.
I'm running Windows XP SP2 with 2GB RAM, Intel Core2 Duo.
Matt W
Expert

Re: Drumagog makes Cubase 5 crashing when saving

Post by Matt W »

Based on your description it sounds like a corrupted Drumagog installation, and if you are receiving any "file errors" when adding Drumagog then that would confirm it. This generally happens when either a certain file or folder that Drumagog needs is either missing or inaccessible. The fastest way to usually fix this is to re-download the "full retail" installer of Drumagog (from http://drumagog.com/retail_login.asp) and re-run it, essentially installing "over the top" of your existing installation.

You may need to go back to Cubase's Plugin Info section and have it rescan your current VST plugins, as it might disable Drumagog if it isn't acting stable.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com
killerbob

Re: Drumagog makes Cubase 5 crashing when saving

Post by killerbob »

Thank you for your reply. After a deeper investigation, the problem resulted to be the non-destructive audio quantization in Cubase (that I use always together with Drumagog).