help with midi

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

damobigg

help with midi

Post by damobigg »

Hello,

I have recorded a midi track with my drum triggers and I was wanting to use some gog samples on my midi track do I have to use that midi yoke or is there some way I can put my gog samples on there without using it ?

Thanks
zumbido
Expert

Post by zumbido »

Are you asking if you can use Drumagog as a 'sample player'?

Describe your set up for a more precise answer.

But this might get you started:

Go to the last page in Drumagog - 'Advanced' page.

In the left middle, you need to check MIDI In, Select the MIDI channel and MIDI note.

Next, pull down to select the MIDI Port. You'll see a list of available ports - highlight the one you want.

In your sequencer you will need to open/make a MIDI track and direct the output to same input you selected in Drumagog.

Since you have recorded your performance onto one MIDI track, you will need to split it into seperate tracks (for each drum/MIDI note) and then insert Drumagog.

You need one MIDI track with Drumagog inserted for each drum (assigned to different MIDI notes, but can be the same MIDI channel).

If you want to play 'live' you'll probably need to record-arm the tracks you have your trigger(s) set to so that you can play thru to Drumagog.

I can't tell you much more without knowing your set up.
damobigg

Post by damobigg »

Thanks for the reply,

This is how I have recorded, I have recorded a drum kit with mics ( i have 2 o'hs , snare mic and 1 room mic But no tom mics ) I also have all my drums triggered including toms. With my triggered drums I record them to a midi track to trigger off BFD.
I have just bought the Steve Slate gog samples and would like to use those samples on my toms, since I have no mic tom tracks to insert drumagog on I was wanting to insert them on my midi track.

Would I need midi yoke to do this ?

Also would I have to duplicate 3 midi tracks to insert a drumagog on each tom ( I have 3 toms)?
Do I just add a new blank track and just insert drumagog on that to send to the midi?

Thanks, I am still quite new to this
Dimorph

Post by Dimorph »

zumbido wrote:Are you asking if you can use Drumagog as a 'sample player'?

Describe your set up for a more precise answer.

But this might get you started:

Go to the last page in Drumagog - 'Advanced' page.

In the left middle, you need to check MIDI In, Select the MIDI channel and MIDI note.

Next, pull down to select the MIDI Port. You'll see a list of available ports - highlight the one you want.

In your sequencer you will need to open/make a MIDI track and direct the output to same input you selected in Drumagog.

Since you have recorded your performance onto one MIDI track, you will need to split it into seperate tracks (for each drum/MIDI note) and then insert Drumagog.

You need one MIDI track with Drumagog inserted for each drum (assigned to different MIDI notes, but can be the same MIDI channel).

If you want to play 'live' you'll probably need to record-arm the tracks you have your trigger(s) set to so that you can play thru to Drumagog.

I can't tell you much more without knowing your set up.
cheers,

i tried this but i didn't get it to work.

i importet some random midi drum track and chose 'C3' for the kick.
i on my midi track i set the input to drumagog and the output to drumagog but it didn't play the sample. so i tried every other constellation i coul d think of but couldn't get drumagog to play the kick sample.

what could i've done wrong?

thanks