Drumagog 5 and Pro Tools 10

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

Matt W
Expert

Drumagog 5 and Pro Tools 10

Post by Matt W »

With the recent announcement of the new Pro Tools 10, here's some preliminary info on compatibility:

We haven't added Pro Tools 10 yet as officially supported, as we are still doing testing here in the office and following-up on some issues reported by PT beta users and some early adopters (mostly concerning PT10 under OSX 10.7 Lion. Snow Leopard and Windows reports have been OK). If we need to we will release a free update to Drumagog 5 to insure Pro Tools 10 compatibility.

Now, this refers to the existing RTAS version of Drumagog 5. Along with a new version of PT software, Avid also announced a brand-new plugin format called AAX. They just released the SDK to developers, so we've only started taking a look at what would be involved, and that would be re-writing D5 in AAX format. This is certainly possible, but as we already have some projects in the works development of a new plugin format will need to wait a little while. In the meantime, though, we'll be supporting the current RTAS format.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com
thebarn

Re: Drumagog 5 and Pro Tools 10

Post by thebarn »

One massive thing Drumagog could do to be COMPLETELY and 100%, over the top pro would be to add Audiosuite support. I'm in a session where I'd like to export all the files we tracked for somebody on a different DAW. To be able to audiosuite and print the gog'd files would be SO amazing. Just "copy" your settings in ProTools, then paste them in Audiosuite and ready to export. So much faster than bussing it out and into a new channel and recording all three takes in realtime one at a time....
Chris M
Expert

Post by Chris M »

Hello,

The main reason Drumagog hasn't had Audiosuite support is simply that its primary function is for real-time use. However, we certainly appreciate your comment and will take it into consideration. It's possible that ProTools 10 will make it easier to add this support, but we don't have any current plans to implement it.

Best,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs
thebarn

Post by thebarn »

That's what makes some of the noise reduction plug-ins so amazing though. They are also intended for real-time, but let's say you have a long voiceover file, with Izotope RX, you can use the RTAS plug, get your noise reduction accurate, then "print" the noise reduction onto the audio file and then make the RTAS plug-in inactive which has mulitiple benefits.

I understand what you're saying and I fully agree. In fact, Drumagog's focus on a solid "live" performance has always been rock solid and in no need of repair. The only comment I have since going to 5 (which is awesome btw) is that I now have to set my delay compensation to "long" which is fine, but I never had to with DG 4.

Cheers Chris
demouser

Post by demouser »

Just curious.........when an update becomes available, does that automatically create a new download for the demo?

PT 10 has broken my former drum replacement software. And I see no support coming from the maker. So I tried the Drumagog 5 demo, but it just locks my system up when I place the plug on a track. I have 12 days left on the demo. I may have to go back to version 9 on another system drive to try the demo. However that will only tell me about it functions; not how or when it will play nice with PT 10

Thanks for any info.

PT 10
8 Core MacPro
8GB RAM
OSX 10.7
Chris M
Expert

Post by Chris M »

Hello,

Every time we release an update, we release one for the demo as well. However, we haven't had issues when working with ProTools 10 on our end, so it may be some other computer/ProTools issue. Have you tried the standard troubleshooting steps (trashing ProTools prefs, reinstall, etc.)? If ProTools 10 also caused other plugins to stop working, there's reason to believe it's a problem inherent to ProTools, and not something specific to Drumagog.

Best,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs
demouser

Post by demouser »

Thanks. But no, I have no other major issues. It stopped my ApTrigga plugin from working. However that was a VST working through the Fxpansion wrapper. It's maker hasn't updated it in years. I've expected it to stop working at every version change of pt but it hung in until now. I suppose there's also the possibility that the Fxpansion wrapper isn't wrapping it correctly. But how ever...... Thats all that I have an issue with. I have Waves (SSL and V series), Ozone, Antares, Melodyne, Superior, Reason, SofTube, Audioease and McDsp plugs all with no problems. And yes, I have tried troubleshooting however this is a clean install of OSX 10.7 and PT 10 plus plugs. All plugs are as up to date as possible at this point. I tried removing all 3rd party plugs to the bare minimum needed to run PT yet the Drumagog demo just gives me the spinning wheel of death. I guess if you're trouble free and no one else has reported problems, it's system specific to my setup. But that really leaves me at a loss for what else to try. Makes me sad.......drumagog is the logical replacement for the Aptrigga situation. So I just wanted to check the possibility of a difference between the demo and what I would be purchasing.

(added later.......Chris, I sent you a private message containing the crash report. My apologies if it's info overkill. But it's there if anyone has an interest)
crizdee

Post by crizdee »

Hi,

"UPDATE!! Read post below"

I've just installed Drumagog 5 latest version and Pro Tools 10.1.1 HD and it quits immediately :(

Here's a link to the crash log... http://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/v7e7gr

I'll try again and do some testing and see if i can find anything! but all other plugs and VI's are working ok.

Is anyone else running V5 ok on Pro Tools 10 HD?

Chris
Last edited by crizdee on Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crizdee

Post by crizdee »

Hi,

Just an update!

I trashed all Drumagog prefs from system drive / user / your name / library / preferences
also removed Drumagog version 4 from the plugins folder. Library / app support / digidesign / plugins.
rebooted Pro Tools and it seems to have fixed the immediate quitting.

Still early days, but all working well at the moment.

chris
Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W »

Hello, and thanks for posting your information.

We've been finding similar results as yours in our own testing, that (regardless of Pro Tools versions) trashing PT prefs often fixes crashing issues.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com
mixer05

Post by mixer05 »

Matt W wrote:Hello, and thanks for posting your information.

We've been finding similar results as yours in our own testing, that (regardless of Pro Tools versions) trashing PT prefs often fixes crashing issues.

Did all that on our machines worked twice. still crashing our systems with pt10 on them.Gary
www.studiocentermiami.com
http://www.garyvandy.com
musikos

Post by musikos »

@crisdee

same happened to me

with PT 10.1.1. its not working

by the way - theres an PT update to 10.1.1.33 available
orsoanton

Post by orsoanton »

Please...please...please...FIX THIS!!! :(
mixer05

Post by mixer05 »

If you have PT10 on a Mac don't even bother. tried everything just crashes everything... crap!
Chris M
Expert

Post by Chris M »

We're sorry you're still having trouble. We have Drumagog running with ProTools 10.2 and OS 10.7.4--when deleting ProTools Prefs (a good idea when sessions are hanging consistently), make sure all of these files are deleted from your User/Library/Preferences folder:

com.digidesign.ProTools.plist
DAE Prefs
DigiSetup.OSX
Pro Tools Prefs

Also, make sure you have the most up-to-date InterLok drivers, available from iLok.com.

Best,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs