Drumagog 5 and Pro Tools 10

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

thebarn

Re: Drumagog 5 and Pro Tools 10

Post by thebarn »

Unfortunately, you directing us to "trash preferences, make sure we have latest ilok drivers etc...." is not good enough. I have hundreds of hours of work sitting in Gog format that can no longer be accessed. It is not machine specific. I have ProTools 10 on a MB Pro, and DG5 worked for awhile and completely stopped about 3 months back. My main Desktop mac running ProTOols HD 10 hit the wall with DG5 about 5 months back. I have moved to Trigger and have had ZERO issues. A modern software company is only as good as it's support. Email's kindly suggesting we do the usual routine do not replace the fact the DG5 needs a software update that will run properly on Lion and PT 10. Since dumping DG5 4 months ago, I haven't had to trash prefs once. Please update to keep your followers, otherwise they will be forced to go where there is water.
mixer05

Post by mixer05 »

Same here . Have now downloaded Slate platinum . It works fine but doesn't sound as good.. but your plug just won't work on my systems.. I know all about prefs and permissions done all that. We need a bug fix for pt 10hd!
phil2000

Post by phil2000 »

Uhm Chris, maybe you should inform the users out there that you've spotted the bug & that there is a temporary fix and that you are working on a solution... ? People are jumping off the boat, including myself... ! best- ph!L
Chris M
Expert

Post by Chris M »

Hello,

Sorry for the delay--it seems there may also be an issue with MIDI controllers that are connected when starting up ProTools. We're not sure what exactly causes this (some devices cause no problem). When starting up ProTools, unplug any MIDI controllers that might be connected, and see whether the session will open. Aside from this, people are still having success updating their InterLok drivers and trashing ProTools Prefs. Those that use ProTools Prefs trashing utilities, it may not be removing all necessary files. It is better to User/Library/Preferences and delete these files manually:

com.digidesign.ProTools.plist
DAE Prefs
DigiSetup.OSX
Pro Tools Prefs

ProTools 10 crashing at start-up is most likely remedied by any or all of these three things.

Best,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs
phil2000

Post by phil2000 »

Hello Chris, it's been two months now that the midi-controller bug has been tracked down, any update/fix in sight.... ?

thanx- ph!L
mixer05

Post by mixer05 »

We need a fix! Can't disconnect my controller. Have a ton invested in gogs
rmacdizzle

Post by rmacdizzle »

Hey i just switched to pro tools 10 from Logic Pro 8 and I'm getting the same damn issue, so i trashed all the prefs, made sure i had all the updated ilok drivers,
and it started to work! however, randomly throughout the tracks it would give met this noise like the entire song made this weird digital noise. so i did a fresh install of drumagog and protools and then it continued to give me the "increase h/w buffer size" error and crashes the song. (my buffer size is maxed at 1024). it does this with both my mackie onyxi and my mbox. it also does this with no external i/o interface

PLEASE FIX THIS

system:

2012 MacBook pro 8GB ram
protools 10.2
mackie onxyi 1220 firewire mixer/interface
seagate 500gb external HD 7200 rpm
phil2000

Post by phil2000 »

Ok I'm outta here, and I am f**kin pi**ed !! I am fed up of troubleshooting and waiting for an update, I need to get some work done here... byebye drumagog, hello slate trigger... and I even bought drumagog 5 update before it was released, as a sign of support to make things work properly !! and then it started to get postponed and bla bla, and now this... I tracked the problem with the midi-controllers down for you beginning of july, and now it's end of september... I can't believe this... very disapointing & frustrating... sorry chris & people at drumagog, that's not the way to treat loyal customers...
mixer05

Post by mixer05 »

Ditto.
Chris M
Expert

Post by Chris M »

Hello,

We're sorry that this has taken so long--we are currently working on an update that will address this issue. Please bear with us as we fix the problem. If anyone is still having trouble getting sessions up and running, please email support(at)drumagog.com. We can usually get a workaround going that isn't too much of an inconvenience.

Also, it would be helpful to know what MIDI controllers are giving you issues--we're trying to track down exactly what aspects of these devices are causing the problem, because it isn't all of them. So, if you have a MIDI controller or another device that you know to cause crashing in conjunction with Drumagog, please let us know what it is.

Again, we apologize for the delay, and we should have an update out soon.

Thanks,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs
musikos

Post by musikos »

I am done with drum agog - it sucks totally.
You software developers cant expect, that I always delete all prefs of Pro Tools 10-
This trouble with drumagog is now going on since Pro Tools 10 came out. How poor is that?
I´m done with drumagog and your company. You are not working customer friendly and not at all professional.
mixer05

Post by mixer05 »

:( Still no update for protools 10HD... really? Still not working at all.. Done all the fixes still not working.. have a lot invested in GOGs.. I do have Slate It workes perfectly well..but would love to be able to use the plugins I paid for.
Chris M
Expert

Post by Chris M »

Hello,

The 5.2 update for Drumagog has been released for Mac--it should fix the issue with ProTools crashing at start up. The update should be available in your account.

Best,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs