Cubase 5 and Drumagog help!

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

roozor

Cubase 5 and Drumagog help!

Post by roozor »

Hi Guys,

I've always been an ableton live guy, i've just moved to cubase 5.

Drumagog shows up in the vst plugins page, but when i hit f11 to add an instrument track with it, it doesn't show up.

What i can do is create an audio track and use drumagog as in insert.

I want to trigger superior 2.0 kicks and snare from midi, and use drumagog to replace. I read the drumagog manual online but no joy.

Might be a bit of a noob question, but oh well everyone's a noob once right?
Matt W
Expert

Re: Cubase 5 and Drumagog help!

Post by Matt W »

Hello,

The reason Drumagog doesn't appear is that it's an VST effect, and the Add Instrument Track option don't show effects, only instruments. You need to add an Instrument track with Superior on it, then press the "e" button to open the effects panel and add Drumagog to the insert section.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com
neilwilkes
Expert

Post by neilwilkes »

Matt W wrote:Hello,

The reason Drumagog doesn't appear is that it's an VST effect, and the Add Instrument Track option don't show effects, only instruments. You need to add an Instrument track with Superior on it, then press the "e" button to open the effects panel and add Drumagog to the insert section.
Hey Matt.

Never knew that - I thought that all I had to do was use, say Superior or BFD2 from the VSTplugins section of Drumagog these days.....
does the old method still work then?
And do you need all drumagogs running before starting up the instrument, or vice-versa?
Nuendo 5, 5.5 & 6 and Cubase 6,7 & 7.5 with WK-ID Controller.
Fully 64-bit Intel Xeon E5-2687W 8-Core CPU with 32GB Quad Channel RAM
Adam A7 x 5, RME RayDAT 1 into 2 RME ADI-8 DS, Tascam DA-88 to RME ADI-8.
Jack
Expert

Post by Jack »

Neil,

Plugin Hosting is exactly how you should do it. We were just explaining why Drumagog doesn't show up as an instrument in Cubase, and that there is a different between audio effects and VST instruments. You should continue to host Superior Drummer or BFD2 the same way that you were.

Cheers,
Jack
Jack Goodall
WaveMachine Labs
http://www.drumagog.com