DRUMAGOG / LOGIC PRO ERROR

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

sethinmotion

DRUMAGOG / LOGIC PRO ERROR

Post by sethinmotion »

I am using Drumagog 5 pro, with Logic Pro 9 / Snow Leopard.

Having problems with drumagog inserting random hits sporadically throughout any song I use it on. Not necessarily in time or triggered by any particular thing.
It even inserts them when I am bouncing, and this has been very annoying.
I've got around it by using bounce in place, and just muting any stray hits, for my tracks that need sampled. But this is still not ideal.

Any fix or reason for this?

Thanks

+Seth
Jack
Expert

Re: DRUMAGOG / LOGIC PRO ERROR

Post by Jack »

Seth,

To simplify your question, is Drumagog triggering on hits that you don't want it to?

Can you raise the Sensitivity slider (in the Visual Triggering Window) to help it from triggering hits you don't want? Drumagog will only trigger from audio that is playing on the track, so there has to be audio playing loud enough to have Drumagog trigger these hits.
Jack Goodall
WaveMachine Labs
http://www.drumagog.com
sethinmotion

Post by sethinmotion »

No, it isnt being triggered by any hits. It is just random, and usually occurs with a false hit before the actual hits should be triggered.
Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W »

Hello,

Do you mean that Drumagog is adding -extra- triggers, either right before or after normal ones (i.e. double-triggering)? If so then you may just need to adjust the "Transient Details" slider over to the left to make Drumagog less sensitive to double-triggers. This may also help if Drumagog seems to trigger when there is no input at all.

If you mean that Drumagog is just not aligning hits correctly (not adding extras, just not aligning them quite right), try switching to the other alignment mode (click the Auto Align 2 button to switch to Transient Alignment).

The other usual tip is to use the Trigger Filter to eliminate bleed-through from other drums (i.e. use a hi-pass filter to remove unwanted bass drum bleed).
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com