Drag and drop from explorer?

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

pipelineaudio
Expert

Drag and drop from explorer?

Post by pipelineaudio »

I hate to be one of those guys who complains without offering solutions, but I kind of have to. Gog creation is really difficult in this version. I realize that with it this complex now its not going to be the easiest thing in the world, but still

I think drag and drop from windows explorer into the sample window would help immensely

Some way to mouseover a sample layer to see the complete wav name would really really help

A way to create a new gog in a new folder specified would be good. Right now it goes to some cryptic app data thing then you copy it back into programfiles\drumagog5\gogs\newgogfolder name

Being able to see the desktop on 64 bit windows from the drumagog explorer would be cool

Still getting and hearing about the sticky behavior of the mouse accidentally dragging samples around and screwing everything up. It seems to be too sensitive to movements after a click. If it could optionally be made to only grab and hold a sample ONLY if the mouse button is held down that would help a lot.

Not sure what else would help, but man, this is kicking my but
Matt W
Expert

Re: Drag and drop from explorer?

Post by Matt W »

Hello,

Drag and drop from Explorer/Finder was something we investigated doing early in development but had to put aside for now, as it's quite a challenge to get that working in three different plugin formats on two different platforms, where every single DAW is unique in how it allows that. We'd like to include it down the road, if at all possible. We planning on adding some new controls for saving/renaming GOGs in a future update as well.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com