visual/numeric readout for blend

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

kwhatx

visual/numeric readout for blend

Post by kwhatx »

I asked this question back when DG5 first came out. At the time, the reply to my post said other users had also inquired about this issue and that it was being looked at. Since we've had a few updates since then, I was wondering if any progress had been made? Just to refresh your memory, in version 4 (and earlier) there was a readout below the blend knob which gave you a numeric amount of sample to real drum (ex. 45%). If it's not possible to add this to the GUI because of space, how about giving us a visual reference such as white marks placed to show a slider position of 10%, 20%, 30%, etc.? Thanks!
pipelineaudio
Expert

Re: visual/numeric readout for blend

Post by pipelineaudio »

As a workaround until they answer, if you switch to generic UI mode you can at least type in the value you want
Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W »

Hello,

Yes, we've received additional feedback about adding back the numeric readout to the blend control. The "ruler" idea is an interesting one that might be easier to implement (since there isn't too much available room to add a new numeric readout), so our designers will take a look at that possibility.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com
kwhatx

Post by kwhatx »

5.1 and still no readout. Is this something that is still going to be added?
Jack
Expert

Post by Jack »

Thanks for your interest in the numeric readout. As mentioned before, it is something are developers are looking into. There would be a need for redesign to be able to fit that into the GUI. While there have not been any official announcements about this enhancement, we'll keep you posted.

Cheers,
Jack
Jack Goodall
WaveMachine Labs
http://www.drumagog.com