Demo causing interfernce sounds in Cubase 5.5

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

hikarateboy

Demo causing interfernce sounds in Cubase 5.5

Post by hikarateboy »

I purchased and have been using Drumagog since verision 2 (upgraded to 3) back and love it. Recently however built a new uber fast 64 Bit Windows 7 machine running the full version of Cubase 5.5. Instead of installing the old version I own I looked to upgrade and saw the demo for 5 which I downloaded and installed just on spur of the moment to get going.

When I solo'd a drumagog track I could hear a low level weird sound like interference or computer sounds. I do IT for a living so pretty comfortable with computers and troubleshooting so after disabling the plug on that channel (sounds went away) and checking other channels and plugs for same (none did it) I started to have second thoughts about upgrading and just installing my old version.

Any thoughts to what it might be? This is my first windows 7 or 64 bit daw so definitely different animal from my previous machine but everything else is working stellar.

thanks
Jack
Expert

Re: Demo causing interfernce sounds in Cubase 5.5

Post by Jack »

Hello,

We are glad to hear you are interested in upgrading to Drumagog 5, but are sorry you are having issues. Can you tell us more about the track or project you are running when the interference sounds occur? Does it occur with other projects or on other tracks? What features within Drumagog are selected when this sound happens? Any additional information will help us recreate and fix the issue!
Jack Goodall
WaveMachine Labs
http://www.drumagog.com
Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W »

Specifically, let us know what options you have turned on in Drumagog, as some of them (the synth, reverb, Morph|Engine) can do this by design. Also, check the BLEND slider and see if it makes a difference if you are listening to the source track only or Drumagog only.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com
hikarateboy

Post by hikarateboy »

Wow great response time! I have always been impressed with the speed of your support.

In order to respond with the information requested I went back to the project and set it up again and made it happen almost immediately. I figured I would export the snare track so you could hear the issue and as I set up the single channel mixdown I wanted to make sure all mix buss plugs were off. They werent. Make sure you read to the end of this post though.

A fairchild limiter and Steinbergs Da Tube (warm distortion setting) were ON. Turning OFF the fairchild the artifacts were still there but turning OFF Da Tube they went away. Major break thru.

I then tried the snare track with drumagog OFF and Da Tube ON. No artifacts, Drumagog back ON and there they were again. I went into Drumagog and turned down the Room and OH controls. Artifacts got quieter and disappeared when both were down/OFF.

So Just turning OFF the Room OH fixed it and it wont stop me from upgrading. Reverence can handle that part for me and I think Drumagog is a top quality product and great customer service like this is worth every penny.

There does seem to be a Drumagog related issue to the Room and OH adding processing noise as shown above. The best way to describe it but is it sounds as though Da Tube was amplifying some low level non audio processing information from Drumagog.

Thanks for the support, Let me know if you need Beta Testers. I love the product.