Issues from the reaper community

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

pipelineaudio
Expert

Issues from the reaper community

Post by pipelineaudio »

So far from discussion on reaper chat and such, I've been hearing some of the same issues from multiple users. I'll list them here and pass on any info I get

1. Drag and drop not working from windows explorer into the samples window

2. "Sticky" mouse button when clicking on a sample and releasing, causes the sample to float around with the mouse cursor and seemingly at random, sometimes deletes a sample or adds it as a room sample

3. Cant read wave names in the sample window (names are too short and no mouseover function)

4. Can't read the full names of the samples in the room sample displays under the main samples

5. Right click works only randomly on the samples

Take heart, I've heard far, far, far more good than bad so far, just bringing up the issues in case you guys can have a look. Consensus seems to be that Drumagog 5 is absolutely awesome in use, but a nightmare for making new gogs. Is it possible to somehow edit the gogs directly in an audio app?
Jack
Expert

Re: Issues from the reaper community

Post by Jack »

Hello,

1.) Drag and drop only works from within Drumagog 5's built-in file browser. Drumagog 5 does not support drag-and-drop from Windows Explorer, or other file browsers or programs outside of Drumagog.

2 & 5.) What version(s) of Reaper is this error occurring within? This could be a Reaper-only graphics issue with the GUI. We can try to recreate this and find out if it's a bug on our end.

3 & 4.) There's a limited amount of real estate available for the name. We can pass info along to developers about making a pop-up for the names.

Can you clarify what you means about making/editing gog files in an audio application? You can only create/edit gog files within Drumagog and, to my knowledge, no other programs can make gog files. Overall, based on feedback we've heard that Drumagog 5 is much better at managing samples, thanks to being able to see more samples at a time and sorting samples.
Jack Goodall
WaveMachine Labs
http://www.drumagog.com
pipelineaudio
Expert

Post by pipelineaudio »

2 and 5 may be reaper related

What exactly is supposed to happen when you right click a sample? In sound forge right click acts the same as left click, while in reaper, sometimes it deletes the sample, sometimes it brings up a menu and sometimes it selects the sample

Confirmed in both 32 and 64 bit windows.

What can I tell Justin if it indeed seems to be a graphic error in reaper?

As far as reaper versions, it seems to be the latest versions of reaper 3 and the reaper 4 alphas
pipelineaudio
Expert

Post by pipelineaudio »

OK I have handed out beatings for those who didnt RTFM and had me report the explorer drag and drop as a "bug" :) Sorry for that red herring

I got another few:

Resolution of 30 msec doesn't seem to be enough for a lot of flam parts. Its only triggering one sample. Should the users create separate flam samples for flams that fast?

On 48khz projects the synth is causing noises, like a crackling delay type thing, Ill see if someone can send me an example of the noise
Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W »

Right-clicking is the same as left-clicking in the Samples window; all functions are controlled by using the dedicated buttons at the bottom (like DELETE, SOLO, etc). So the behavior you see in Sound Forge is the normal one. Several of the issues you've mentioned sound like variations of the same thing: weird mouse/GUI behavior in Reaper. We'll have the devs take a look and see why its behaving differently in Reaper.

If Drumagog is missing hits there are several different things to try tweaking. First, the Transient Details slider should be slid to the right to make it more sensitive to these details. Second, if you have Drumagog Pro or above, try switching to "Live" mode, as this mode can be better capable of picking up flams or ultra-fast passages (but at the cost of lower accuracy in dynamics and alignment).

For flams, to a degree there is a limit to how fast it can pick up, that's just the nature of drum replacing. At some point the two hits overlap so much that they become one "long" hit instead of two short ones. In these cases the only way to do it is using flam samples.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com
pipelineaudio
Expert

Post by pipelineaudio »

Live mode seems to be working well! Thanks

One more issue: the room 1/room2/room 3 levels dont seem to be saving with the project. Apparently they default back to 0% unless the gog itself is saved
Jack
Expert

Post by Jack »

This is correct, as those changes are not saved within a project. In order to save these settings, you must save a version of that GOG file for that particular project. Then you will load this particular version of that GOG file every time you load that particular project.
Jack Goodall
WaveMachine Labs
pipelineaudio
Expert

Post by pipelineaudio »

honestly, that is pretty scary! So if you forget to save a separate gog, every time you change something in a project, you get no recall?
pipelineaudio
Expert

Post by pipelineaudio »

How do you save as new gog?
Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W »

The issue with saving room settings was an earlier bug that was fixed in one of the more recent updates. Drumagog should save those settings when you save your project now.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com
pipelineaudio
Expert

Post by pipelineaudio »

Awesome!!!

This is great news. Can't wait to share it in chat, it'll be second xmass
pipelineaudio
Expert

Post by pipelineaudio »

Still getting reports of settings not saving with a session. This could be an alpha issue in the new reaper though
Jack
Expert

Post by Jack »

Hello,

We have confirmed a bug in the current update of Drumagog 5 that does not save certain settings within a session/GOG file. The next update of Drumagog 5 will fix this issue.

Cheers,
Jack
Jack Goodall
WaveMachine Labs
pipelineaudio
Expert

Post by pipelineaudio »

Awesome! Thank you very much
pipelineaudio
Expert