ATA and Drumagog 5

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

pilk

ATA and Drumagog 5

Post by pilk »

I am using PT -LE 8 with a Universal Audio UAD2 card. When using Drumagog 4, I would add the ATA plugin last on each instrument track and top on audio track in order to to realign for latency. Now that I have installed Drumagog 5, I have trouble pinging the alignment. Any ideas?
neilwilkes
Expert

Re: ATA and Drumagog 5

Post by neilwilkes »

PTLE has no insert plugin delay compensation then?
How truly bizarre......
Nuendo 5, 5.5 & 6 and Cubase 6,7 & 7.5 with WK-ID Controller.
Fully 64-bit Intel Xeon E5-2687W 8-Core CPU with 32GB Quad Channel RAM
Adam A7 x 5, RME RayDAT 1 into 2 RME ADI-8 DS, Tascam DA-88 to RME ADI-8.
Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W »

No, Delay Compensation is reserved for Pro Tools HD only.

While we haven't used the Mellowmuse plugins, I believe they have a manual latency setting, so you could just enter the standard 80ms (the default setting in version 5). I'm not sure how their pinging works, but I'm guessing that it generates a ping at the top of the chain and then listens for it at the end and measures the delay. You may just need to make sure you have Drumagog 5's Blend Control set to 50% or less so the ping gets passed through.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com
B.A.M.S

Post by B.A.M.S »

I just got the same plugin.
my question may seem dumb but if I click the ping on the master fader , its adjusts the tracks and then I add more plugins which add more delay and then I have to hit the ping again?

does hitting the ping once then , where everything is snapped back into time , hitting again is that going to start stacking ontop of eachother and actually be compensating more than it should.

or does one ping zero out everything no matter when or how many times you hit the ping button during a 2 hour mix session

I often find an hour later in mixing im starting to guess myself on that when I hit the ping again. I guess its hard for me to hear if its actually working becuase the drumagog is still replacing wrong. then I get confused as to if its a delay compensation issue or drumagog threshold settings issue