save license request button not doing anything

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

HaydanExplosion

save license request button not doing anything

Post by HaydanExplosion »

When trying to activate drumagog 5, i get to the save license request screen and the button does nothing. what gives?
I'm on windows 7 64bit.
Corey W
Expert

Re: save license request button not doing anything

Post by Corey W »

Hi HaydanExplosion,
-What DAW and version are you working in?

Are you running into issues on the Drumagog website when trying to upload your license file or are you not able to get your .ilr license request file downloaded to your computer?

If it is the case of not being able to download your .ilr license request file when in your DAW, try restarting your computer and trying again.

-Corey
HaydanExplosion

I am using reaper 4.78. when i try to download my .ilr license request nothing happens. the button is non responsive. I've restarted my computer and reinstalled drumagog 5 multiple times and still have the same issue.
Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W »

Are you able to click on any of the other buttons in the window such as 'Read License'?

This is a strange occurrence, one that we haven't come across before in Windows. Do you have another DAW you can authorize Drumagog 5 in?
HaydanExplosion

read license button also doesn't work, though back, next and cancel buttons do work. I tried it with my computer in safe mode with the same results. Also tried with a couple different daws such as mixcraft, fl studio, and pro tools. No luck so far.
Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W »

What version of Pro Tools do you have? If you have an iLok key, you can bypass the license file system completely and authorize Drumagog 5 using the iLok.

Have you tried using your keyboard to navigate the buttons on screen? If you hit 'Tab' it should highlight the first selection and then you can use the arrow keys to navigate the different buttons.

If you are still having trouble can you please post a screenshot of the window displaying the 'Save License Request' and 'Read License' buttons?

-Corey
HaydanExplosion

i have pro tools 10 that i don't use anymore, i prefer reaper. I am trying to avoid ilok like the plague. I tried navigating with the tab key, doesn't change anything. the problem isn't navigating its when i press on either save license or read me the button clicks and turns red but nothing else pops up like a broken link or something. i attached a screenshot like you asked. I appreciate the help so far. I really dislike the ilok system and having to bring a stupid dongle everywhere i go which is why i purchased drumagog when i read it didn't need an ilok to activate. Ha.
Attachments
screen shot of drumagog activation that isn't working.
screen shot of drumagog activation that isn't working.
drumagog.jpg (629.11 KiB) Viewed 21824 times
Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W »

When you click on 'Save License Request', is it possible that the window that is supposed to pop up for you asking where you would like to save the .ilr file is being hidden from you in the background?
Can you look in your task bar at the bottom of the screen and see if there may be an extra window that you haven't noticed.
HaydanExplosion

nope. no screen hidden behind other windows. i attached another screenshot with all the windows pushed to the sides.
Attachments
drumagognotworking.jpg
drumagognotworking.jpg (352.58 KiB) Viewed 21819 times
Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W »

When you launch Reaper, can you right-click and select 'Run As Administrator'. See if that makes any difference.

-Corey
HaydanExplosion

Didn't make a difference. I actually bit the bullet and used my ilok. I didn't want to but i have a project to finish up. I appreciate the help anyway. Thanks Corey.
Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W »

Well I am glad you are at least authorized and up and running to work on your project. Email me directly after your project is over at Corey[at]Drumagog[dot]com and we can try to get this figured out so you can be authorized off your iLok key.

-Corey