Advanced Triggering/Live Triggering issues

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

nonskidblonde

Advanced Triggering/Live Triggering issues

Post by nonskidblonde »

As a brand new user to Drumagog (only been using it a couple of days now) I gotta say, right off the bat I'm pretty stoked at how easy this plugin is to get up and running, and I'm loving the depth it's adding to my drum tracks, really cool, although multiple instances seems to be quite a drag on my cpu:-).
The problems I'm having are, firstly, I cannot use Advanced Triggering mode as it doesn't seem to want to trigger ANY of my samples in time and there's quite a noticeable lag in the audio, and secondly, when I switch to Live Triggering mode I get the "please remove and re-insert drumagog after changing triggering mode bla bla bla". What does that even mean?
I've removed and re-inserted after changing and low and behold, all I get is a new instance of Drumagog with Advanced Triggering as the default.
If it was at all possible to get the advanced triggering mode to work in real time I'd actually much prefer to use this option as it seems to get a far more accurate reproduction of the samples without the doubling effects and other funny little artifacts that I can't seem to remove in Live Triggering mode, apart from blending them out.
I guess the third and most annoying problem is that, while I can live with the samples being triggered in Live Triggering mode, every time I reload a project that was using this setting I get another box telling me "Drumagog is now in Advanced triggering mode, but your session was last saved in Live Triggering mode bla bla bla" so I have to go and re-check all instances of Drumagog back to Live Triggering mode and so the cycle continues.
So my questions are...
How do I get Advanced Triggering mode to work in real time?
How do I remove and re-insert Drumagog after changing triggering mode for the new latency settings to take effect?
If I'm forced to use Live Triggering mode, how do I make it the default so I don't have to re-check it every time I load a project?

And just a little bonus question while I'm here, when I trialed the demo I was highly impressed with the two samples that shipped with it (the DW 22 Maple kick, and the NobleCooley snare) for the simple fact they both had added o/h and room adjustments which I love (actually it was this feature that sold me), but low and behold, I purchase the pro version expecting to get a sh!t tonne more samples with the same features and yet there's still only those two samples in the Demo Collection folder.
I go to the downloads page within the Drumagog site and start grabbing a few different sample packs only to find most of them (actually pretty much all of them) don't have additional room adjustments.
Am I missing something here, where can I find more good quality gog samples with these extra room features built in?

Okay that's my short novel done, thanks a million in advance for taking the time to read my burblings, I look forward to some solutions to the aforementioned items.
Thanks again.

EDIT: Hey just letting you know your "gog sample exchange" board is a massive waste of time too, went through ALL posts and literally EVERY link has 404'd
Corey W
Expert

Re: Advanced Triggering/Live Triggering issues

Post by Corey W »

Hi nonskidblonde,
I can help you get the Advanced Triggering working in your Drumagog 5. A few questions-
-What DAW and version are you working in?
-Is the latency you are getting currently the same for every hit or are some hits coming late and some coming early?
-What kind of audio are you triggering Drumagog 5 with?

Live mode vs. Advanced Triggering is a global setting which is why you have to close and re-open your session to get the changes to take effect. Live mode will give you a much lower latency but you will loose most of the accuracy provided by the auto-align 2.0 engine.
After making the switch to either setting. Close the Drumagog 5 window (no need to uninsert), save, close and re-open your session.

There are a few of the stock samples that come with our sample library that take use of the Room mic functions. There are GOG files available for purchase in the Drumagog store that take advantage of the extra room tones as well. Plus, there are many companies out there selling great quality drum samples that you can build yourself in Drumagog and take advantage of the extra Room Mic slots.

The "Gog Sample Exchange" section of the forum is all user hosted links so we have no control over how long those links are active for, unfortunately.

-Corey
nonskidblonde

Post by nonskidblonde »

Corey W wrote:Hi nonskidblonde,
I can help you get the Advanced Triggering working in your Drumagog 5. A few questions-
-What DAW and version are you working in?
-Is the latency you are getting currently the same for every hit or are some hits coming late and some coming early?
-What kind of audio are you triggering Drumagog 5 with?

Live mode vs. Advanced Triggering is a global setting which is why you have to close and re-open your session to get the changes to take effect. Live mode will give you a much lower latency but you will loose most of the accuracy provided by the auto-align 2.0 engine.
After making the switch to either setting. Close the Drumagog 5 window (no need to uninsert), save, close and re-open your session.

There are a few of the stock samples that come with our sample library that take use of the Room mic functions. There are GOG files available for purchase in the Drumagog store that take advantage of the extra room tones as well. Plus, there are many companies out there selling great quality drum samples that you can build yourself in Drumagog and take advantage of the extra Room Mic slots.

The "Gog Sample Exchange" section of the forum is all user hosted links so we have no control over how long those links are active for, unfortunately.

-Corey
Hey Cory, sorry about that, I'm using FL Studio 11. Yeah after a bit more playing round yesterday I managed to get the Advanced Triggering mode to work properly, I just clicked back from Live mode to Advanced mode and it seemed to trigger in real time, didn't even have to close it.
I think half my problem too was trying to trigger midi drums directly off the step sequencer, once I converted the drum tracks to audio for use in stem mixes the trigger was working as intended.
Gave Drumagog a run on some live drum tracks I had and was literally blown away by the transformation, although I can see where the hi hat detection would be handy.
Hey thanks for the reply and info Corey, great product guys, love it;-)
nonskidblonde

Post by nonskidblonde »

Just wondering if it's okay to continue this discussion here since it's pretty much the exact same issue, only it's now cropped up as a result of upgrading to FL Studio 12.1.3
and I never really figured out an actual solution last time, it just started working properly. So yeah, same as at the top of the page, on Live Trigger mode it sounds doubled up and terrible, on Advanced mode it's way out of time.
Cheers in advance, i hope we can get this sorted, thanks.
Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W »

Does FL Studio have delay compensation settings or an on/off button? If Advanced Triggering mode is not working, sometimes it is easy as enabling Delay Compensation to get it working.
MikeTarmy

Post by MikeTarmy »

Hello,
I have had Drumagog 5 platinum for a couple of years now and find that the drum replacement works awesome although when i go to use the hosting with EZ drummer the whole screen drops and logic pro now asks me if i want to reopen as it has saved the last instance... I have followed you tube's plugin hosting by wave machine but cannot get the drum agog to work... here is what i have for a DAW Logic Pro X ver. 10.11.6 El Capitan Mac Pro Late 2013 3.5 g 6 core intel 32 gb 1866 MHz DDR 3 ECC running the latest version of Logic Pro x.. I am also running drum agog up to the new sierra ( not installed yet). I am running EZ drummer 2 latest version EZdrummer plug-in version 2.1.3 (build 12971) [64-bit VST]
Standalone host version 2.1.3 (build 12971
SOUND LIBRARIES
EZdrummer 2 Modern version 1.0.2
EZdrummer 2 Vintage version 1.0.2
MIDI LIBRARIES
EZdrummer 2 Modern/Vintage version 1.0.1
EZdrummer 2 Percussion version 1.0.1

I did notice in the Drumagog 5 platinum plug in hosting video that when the older version used in the video of easy drummer is loaded the narrator prompts you to unload the whole kit that was loaded when opening ez drummer.... the new version does not have that feature is there something that i am missing within ez drummer to unload ???

I am a big fan of Drumagog and hope to get this fixed so that i can use EZ drummer along with it..... Thank You
Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W »

Hi Mike,
Can you explain exactly what you mean by, "the whole screen drops" after putting EZ Drummer in the Drumagog 5 plugin hosting?
-Are there any error messages generated?

With the updated EZ Drummer 2, I don't believe there is a 'load empty kit' button like in version 1. The easiest thing to do is to unload the whole drum kit and then save it as a preset so you can recall the preset when you load it into Drumagog 5.