Drumagog 5.21 Released

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

Matt W
Expert

Drumagog 5.21 Released

Post by Matt W »

Drumagog 5.21 has been released, this is a patch update for the big 5.2 release that came out just over a month ago.

This update is available as a download from your My Downloads section at drumagog.com.

For updated system requirements, including the recent addition of support for 64-bit systems and the Pro Tools AAX format, please visit our System Requirements page.

Drumagog 5.21 Patch Changes:
  • Fixed long load times on PC
  • Fixed issue with Room faders not saving in sessions properly
  • Fixed issue with Gog samples sometimes loading at the wrong pitch
  • Fixed installer issue with not always properly overwriting old versions
  • Fixed GUI mouse behavior in OS X
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com
emwhy

Re: Drumagog 5.21 Released

Post by emwhy »

Thanks for the update but it has officially broken plug-in hosting for Cakewalk Sonar X3d in 64 bit mode. Insert Drumagog on a track, dial up a synth in this case either Kontakt or Session Drummer. The synth sounds play but they have a flanged quality to them as if they're being double triggered like a MIDI feedback loop. Plus with Kontakt any attempt to change the note selection in Drumagog crashes SONAR. I will email your tech support about this shortly.

I have done the following:

Installed 5.21 as "Administrator"
No AV or Spyware software running
Rescanned my vsts in SONAR before testing
Tried in both Live and Auto trigger mode
neilwilkes
Expert

Post by neilwilkes »

Matt, the 64-bit installer is installing into the wrong location by default on Windows 7 here.
It tries to install into the 32-bit plugin folder located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\VSTplugins.
This is of course not correct - it should be pointed at C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTplugins.

Suspect this will catch people out, especially if installing both 64 & 32-bit versions!!
Nuendo 5, 5.5 & 6 and Cubase 6,7 & 7.5 with WK-ID Controller.
Fully 64-bit Intel Xeon E5-2687W 8-Core CPU with 32GB Quad Channel RAM
Adam A7 x 5, RME RayDAT 1 into 2 RME ADI-8 DS, Tascam DA-88 to RME ADI-8.
copycat

Post by copycat »

In my opinion the loading time is not much faster with this update,
krizrox1

Post by krizrox1 »

the latest V of Drumagog improved the loading time considerably but there is still a noticeable delay when D5 is included in a project (I use Samplitude Pro X). It's not a deal breaker though.

I also noted that the 32 bit version of Drumagog is listed as a 64 bit version in the Samp Pro list of VST effects. I found this confusing at first, even reinstalled to verify.

I am using Win7 64 but running Samplitude Pro with the 32 bit option cuz I had too many problems trying to get all my older VST effects to run under 64 bit.

One last comment - the file/folder window leaves a lot to be desired. It's too small and I'm running a dual monitor set up with 22" monitors. I think that window (and prob the entire interface in general) should be extended or enlarged a tad in the next update. Or give us the ability to enlarge the file/folder window. I'm generally ok with everything else. Good job!
FinnArild
Expert

Post by FinnArild »

Let me know when you fixed the memory bug that crashes 64 bit drumagog in memory-rich environments (+8 gig)
FinnArild
Expert

Post by FinnArild »

Never mind. Drumagog is not a plugin in my stack anymore. I have gone back to generating midi from hitpoints. Drumagog response time and support just sucks too much. Money not well spent.