Email Function not working

An informational and support forum for Voice Band for the iPhone.

Moderator: Corey W

praskal

Email Function not working

Post by praskal »

I just downloaded Voice Band today. Love it. Recorded a song. I then was able to email it (and convert it to mp3) to myself in order to have an mp3 copy of it. I then recorded another song, and this time I am unable to use the Email function. I powered down the iphone and rebooted. But still the email function will not bring up the email window. This is a problem because as far as I know there is no way to have a copy of the song other than emailing it. Any help out there for this problem?
Rim
Site Admin

Re: Email Function not working

Post by Rim »

Hi, this is a known bug. We'll get this fixed in the next update. It won't let you email after you load a song. Try loading the song you've saved, then pressing record for a second, then stop. Now press email. This might work.

Thanks,
Rim
praskal

Post by praskal »

This worked. Thanks!! When's the next update?
dougrogers

Post by dougrogers »

I have a recording which, admittedly, at ten minutes might be a bit long. My little iPod Touch chugs away with Email process and the conversion to an MP3 then generates an error message when I try to mail it.

There is nothing in my mail addresses outbox, no saved file anywhere.
Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim »

It might be that you're running out of space on your iPod? How much free space do you have available? A ten minute song might take about 200MB of space.

Thanks,
Rim
dougrogers

Post by dougrogers »

I have 10 gig free
Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim »

Ok, so that's not it... Can you tell me the error message you get when trying to email?

Thanks,
Rim
Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim »

I think I know what the problem might be. A 10 minute song is probably around 20MB after converting to an MP3, and 30-40MB after turning it into an email attachment. Usually, you can't e-mail attachments that size, so I'm guessing the error is due to your email provider telling you it's too big.

Rim
dougrogers

Post by dougrogers »

Not saying no, but that certainly could be the situation and my admittedly large file is likely the problem. ...

Perhaps you need to look into other ways of getting files out then. VoiceBand will do the conversion to mp3... it can get files from the music app. My drawing and painting apps can store files in the photo databases and sync to my Mac. Voice Memos store into the iTunes database and sync.

And this is the first time I made anything in VoiceBand. I'll try a smaller file and see how that works out.
dougrogers

Post by dougrogers »

Yep. the smaller file emailed successfully.