iGOG Sequencing

Discussions regarding iGOG for the iPhone

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

trent

iGOG Sequencing

Post by trent »

I just purchased iGOG. This is a fantastic sounding piece of software and love the velocity feature. I must be confused however, it states there is a sequencer and that beats can be "edited" but I cannot find this area? I am a terrible "live" drummer (with my fingers), but I am an amazing programmer. Unfortunately, without a sequencer so that I can edit recorded beats this software isn't good to me? Am I missing something?

Thank you for any information! :mrgreen: :shock:
Rim
Site Admin

Re: iGOG Sequencing

Post by Rim »

iGOG doesn't have a true editable sequencer, only a basic one that can record your hits in real-time. It does save the sequence to a MIDI file though, so you can edit it on your computer. There is also an erase button that allows you to erase individual notes of a particular instrument in your sequence.

Thanks,
Rim
trent

Post by trent »

Thank you very much for replying.

Will having a full level sequencer ever be included in the program? Without one, iGOG (for me) isn't very useful, as since I am a metal/industrial musician, I need to be able to have extremely fast double bass, which is impossible with fingers. I am never at home, and travel a lot. I currently use PowerBeatFree which is an incredibly easy sequencer, drum machine, and can program complete songs on the run (in the car, at meetings, at the airport, etc). It sounds about half as good as iGOG, without midi. I really wish I could program iGOG on the go.

Thank you!!!
Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim »

More powerful sequencing, and other features are something we're considering for a future version, but no official plans yet.

Thanks,
Rim