License files -- Music computer not on network.

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

wrennhouse

License files -- Music computer not on network.

Post by wrennhouse »

Hi all,
Planning my first installation of drumagog product, (drumagog 5 - platinum) and have a couple questions regarding the license file process.

the computer system where Drumagog will be installed is not reachable via the network.
I intend to use a different computer to acess the web and manually move the various license files back and forth to the studio system (where durmagog will be installed )

I want to be sure this is ok, in advance. the real question is "does the studio system (where drumagog will be installed) *have to be on a network or will i succeed initiating the web process from another system.

thanks in advance,
--John
Chris M
Expert

Re: License files -- Music computer not on network.

Post by Chris M »

Hello,

It does not need to be on a network--here is how you would accomplish the license file authorization method:

Uncheck the 'I have an iLok' box when Drumagog prompts you to authorize.

After doing this, select the 'Save License' option and save the license file somewhere that is easy to navigate to. Put this file on a USB stick or hard drive and take it to a system with internet connectivity.

Then, in the 'Authorize This Product' section of your drumagog.com account, select 'I would like to upload a license File' option and upload the license file you just brought over. This will prompt you to save a License Response File onto your hard drive. Take this file back to your workstation with Drumagog.

Back in Drumagog, select the 'Read License' option and open this new file. This should authorize Drumagog.

Best,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs