A message to Wave Machine Labs About buying new GOG samples

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

4string

A message to Wave Machine Labs About buying new GOG samples

Post by 4string »

I am sure we are all familiar with the shift from buying music CDs to buying the song you want from iTunes.

I am in a similar situation with buying GOG samples. I would like a nice modern Kick drum. My only option is to spend $100 plus to get a full set of several drum samples, 98% of which I don't need or want as they don't suit the style of music I am working on. In a perfect world I would go to the Wave Machine Labs iGOG site, check all the Kick drum samples and purchase the one I want. Hopefully for something a lot less than $100.

I am looking for the big fat thumpy kick sound, not the slappy/flappy sound heard on most of the package samples available. Yes a package might have what I want, but at $100 a shot I can't afford to buy more than one and not get any use out of it. So now the drum sample factory gets $0 from me. Give me access to libraries of individual samples I can pre-screen and purchase for download as needed, and I am betting that you will get a some steady business from guys like me.

And this method will allow you to offer samples for sale that match the new sounds used in popular music much quicker. Instead of spending months to develop a whole DVD set that is probably out of date by the time it comes to market, you can develop and post the new Kick on the latest Lady GaGa hit tune in a comparably much shorter time. Or whatever drum sound/artist is the flavor of the day. And you have the database of all the GOG users so you can market it through e-mail to your target audience.

Regards
4string