2-2012 its time for 64-Bit Drumagog

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

gregb41

2-2012 its time for 64-Bit Drumagog

Post by gregb41 »

I have been a faithful Drumagog user since version 3, I am currently using Drumagog 5.1 with Cubase 6, Drumagog runs fine in Cubase 32, but I use alot of Samplers like Halion 4 and Orchestra, so I really need the extra Ram of Cubase 64 Bit, but Drumagog does not run too well in Cubase 64.
Any insight when we will see a Drumagog 64 Bit version sometime soon, Thanks
Chris M
Expert

Re: 2-2012 its time for 64-Bit Drumagog

Post by Chris M »

Hello,

It's definitely on our radar--we hope to have it ready sometime this spring.

Best,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs
bapu

Post by bapu »

Hey Chris,

Spring is somewhat over in the US. Which spring were you referring to?
javahut

Post by javahut »

Wow. I, too, have been a faithful Drumagog user for around 8 years. Other, x64 drum replacement software came out long ago. No way... sticking out with the one, the only, the original Drumagog. But now, Drumagog is starting to earn a place in my book right up there with Altiverb. And it really is almost like I'm sticking with "the original" Drumagog, as it doesn't seem about to be updated, and does seem to be low on the priority list. Someone's been too excited over playing with development of a new toy for iPad, and must be tired of Drumgog development. And from the looks of it... bugs with Auria will be non stop for the foreseeable future. Who's bright idea was it to try and make Apple's iPad a fully functioning multi track recorder? It's not even a fully functioning computer.

Hope this doesn't meen Drumagog x64 goes on the back burner for even longer. Perhaps Wavemachine Labs may have meant x64 Drumagog would be out by Spring in Australia... although that's got to be coming up pretty fast. I bet, with all the Auria problems... we don't see x64 Drumagog until 2013, if then. That's if this "iPad recording 48 tracks" big to do about nothing doesn't/hasn't drained all Wavemachines Lab resources and put them out of busines by then.

Really like to see someone from Wavemachines come on here and tell me I'm full of it, and that the x64 Drumagog release is imminent. Not counting on it, though.
Chris M
Expert

Post by Chris M »

Hello,

Drumagog x64 is definitely still in the works. As I'm sure you can understand, we did hit delays with releasing Auria, but now that it has been released we will have more time to focus on Drumagog. Please bear with us while we work on this.

Best,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs
Stiffard

Post by Stiffard »

Hi Chris

I'm not being funny here, but back at the end of 2010, you told me that 64bit Drumagog 5 was on the horizon.
We are now at the end of 2012 and still no 64bit and the same old excuses.
I used to enthusiastically promote DrumAgog within my circles and stopped doing it a long, long time ago and in fact I now do the opposite, because all my circle are 64bit users and I sensed there was a problem here and that you guys weren't going to deliver.

Just read your last excuse back in August on this Forum and still no 64bit at the end of October.
Do you really think that existing Software users over these last two years have given your new products any great consideration, when they already know how badly they've been let down with Drumagog 5 and therefore should expect the same treatment with your new product update maintenance.

Reputations are what make Companies and Product viability great and in my circles yours has diminished severely.

I could say a lot more, but I'm not going to and I'm very interested to receive your next excuse.

All the best

John
bapu

Post by bapu »

60 days later and still no word on a 64bit version?
Chris M
Expert

Post by Chris M »

Hello,

We have added 64-bit updates for the Mac VST and AU version of Drumagog! We will be adding Windows 64-bit and an AAX version soon. The 5.2 update should be available in your account.

It also addresses bug fixes from 5.11, so if you're running it in 32-bit mode (on ProTools < 11, for example) there are worthwhile fixes.

Best,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs
Stiffard

Post by Stiffard »

Nice one Chris.

I look forward to using it once I've completed my Studio move.

All the best

John
bapu

Post by bapu »

I have to laugh to keep from crying.

I've been using another product that is on version 2. They started with a clean "slate" it seems. My Invictus libraries sound much better in this other product I pulled the "trigger" on.
neilwilkes
Expert

Post by neilwilkes »

Chris M wrote:Hello,

We have added 64-bit updates for the Mac VST and AU version of Drumagog! We will be adding Windows 64-bit and an AAX version soon. The 5.2 update should be available in your account.

It also addresses bug fixes from 5.11, so if you're running it in 32-bit mode (on ProTools < 11, for example) there are worthwhile fixes.

Best,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs
This was now 5 months ago, Chris.....and I really hope this does not degenerate into another AltiVerb farce.
I far prefer using Drumagog, but it is getting a hell of a lot harder.
Nuendo 5, 5.5 & 6 and Cubase 6,7 & 7.5 with WK-ID Controller.
Fully 64-bit Intel Xeon E5-2687W 8-Core CPU with 32GB Quad Channel RAM
Adam A7 x 5, RME RayDAT 1 into 2 RME ADI-8 DS, Tascam DA-88 to RME ADI-8.
FinnArild
Expert

Post by FinnArild »

+1 waiting impatiently for the 64 bit windows version. Do you at least have some kind of ETA?