new feature suggestion for Drumagog...

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

nexis

new feature suggestion for Drumagog...

Post by nexis »

Hello, Just a suggestion. It would be great if Drumagog had an "export to midi" function where you could specify a specific key note to to export to. This would be a great feature because you would be able to quantize your drums, from the midi notes, then trigger them back with drumagog fixxing any timing issues. ...just my 2 cents

nexis

Drumagog is the BEST!!!
Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W »

The Pro and Platinum versions of Drumagog have a similar option. You can enable a MIDI output, using the advanced tab, and designate what MIDI note and channel to generate. Drumagog will then output MIDI information based on it's triggering, which you can then route to a MIDI track to record/quantize/edit. The actual routing of the MIDI signal varies with the specific audio host, but can be done with any MIDI-capable host.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com
Ashley06

Post by Ashley06 »

As Protools doesn't allow for midi in (which is unfortunate, I know), perhaps there could be a record/capture mode on the plugin that would allow the user to effectively capture hits and drumagog convert those to midi to be exported.

:?:

:D
Powerbook G4, 1.5 GHz, 2GB RAM, Logic Pro 8.x, Protools 8.0cs2, Drumagog Platinum

Mac Pro Quad 2.66GHz, 5GB Ram, Digi 002, PT 8.0cs2 + CPTK add-on, Logic 8.x, BFD 2.1.0.47 and Drumagog Platinum
Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W »

You can also use something like MIDI Pipe or MIDI Yoke in hosts that don't support MIDI out from plugins to re-route the MIDI stream back to a track. And while I don't know if Rim has looked into Drumagog exporting standard MIDI files, we do have some ideas on ways to bypass the limitations of hosts, and even bypass MIDI altogether.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com