"This version of Drumagog is not compatible...."

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

ThomC

"This version of Drumagog is not compatible...."

Post by ThomC »

When opening a Protools session that has been sent to me,
I get the following error message. (For each instance.)

"This version of Drumagog is not compatible with your saved persets.
The saved presets will not load."

How can I see what the presets previously used were,
and how can I get this to work?
Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W »

First, make sure you have version 4.11 of Drumagog installed on your system, as 4.11 added additional support for importing sessions made on other systems. You can find the latest version on our website, on our download page http://www.drumagog.com/download.htm

Second, this error can also occur if the source session was saved using a version of Drumagog that is unavailable on the next system. Specifically the "Fixed Latency" and "Non-Fixed Latency" versions of Drumagog are not interchangeable with each other, and won't read each others presets. As the Fixed Latency version only works in PDC-using programs (Like HD), and Non-Fixed Latency works in all programs (if you turn off PDC), it's best to use the Non-Fixed Latency version if the session is being moved to an LE system.

If the project was saved using Drumagog Fixed Latency, and you are trying to open this in Pro Tools LE, by default the non-Fixed Latency version is not installed. There is a way to re-install the plugin so both versions are installed, so let me know if that seems to be the problem and I can detail how to do this. Also include if it's on a Mac or Windows system.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com
soundtech 444

Re: "This version of Drumagog is not compatible...."

Post by soundtech 444 »

I'm getting the message on Pro Tools boot, "This version of Drumagog is not compatible with previous presets" I've upgraded my MAC PPC to MAC PRO, from OS 10.5.8 to 10.6.8, and Pro Tools LE 8.0.1 to 8.0.5. In the middle of an album, mixing and mastering and now all my presets won't play along. I was using Drumagog Platinum V4, and I did update to 4.11 but no presets..... Help!!!
Chris M
Expert

Re: "This version of Drumagog is not compatible...."

Post by Chris M »

When Drumagog was updated to work on Intel, the manner in which the settings were saved within a session had to be changed. This means that Intel based systems are interpreting Drumagog settings differently, and therefore cannot open Drumagog instances which were saved under the old format. The newest version of Drumagog 4 (4.11) made up for this difference, so sessions that are saved on a PPC using this version can be opened on an Intel running the same version. The best way to commute these settings or presets would be to update Drumagog 4 to 4.11 on the PPC, save the session, and then transfer it to the Intel. However, sometimes it can be faster to simply open up new instances of Drumagog and redo the settings that were used.

Best,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs