Can I use the Drumkit From Hell with drumagog?

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

jcoutu1

Can I use the Drumkit From Hell with drumagog?

Post by jcoutu1 »

Can I use the Drumkit From Hell with drumagog? I just want to make sure that Drumagog is the right move for me. I read how Drumagog uses gog files and wasn't sure about creating my own gogs from wav files. Thanks a bunch guys.

-Jesse
Flávio

Post by Flávio »

I believe that you will have to export as wave and create the gogs from these wave files. Drumagog does not work directly with DKFH.
Teri
Site Admin

Post by Teri »

You can use Drumagog with DFH, either by exporting .wav files or via MIDI. Drumagog supports any .wav/.siff/.sdII file, so as long as drum samples are in this format, they can be used directly with Drumagog or to build GOGs.

Drumagog is unique in that it can export MIDI to other plug-ins, enabling a user to tap into other sample libraries such as DFH. Cubase and Nuendo support this behavior between two plug-ins natively, so these two applications work best for this application.

There is more information on using Drumagog and other virtual instruments in the "MIDI Features" section of the manual, available as a PDF on the download page at http://www.drumagog.com/download.htm . There is more detail here, along with information on MIDI Pipe and MIDI Yoke (virtual MIDI cables).
Teri Grossheim
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
Flávio

Post by Flávio »

I'm sorry , I forgot this MIDI function .
nexis

Post by nexis »

If you own the "Original" DFH disk, then it's easy to make gog files. I did it. You just take the files of the disk and imprt the wav files into drumagog to create your gog files.

If you own the EZdrummer version of DFH, then you need to export the samples by creating midi patterns of the samples at various velocities and exporting that. Then you take that exported wav you created and break the hits up separately and use those to import into drumagog. It will work fine.

nexis
neilwilkes
Expert

Post by neilwilkes »

nexis wrote:If you own the "Original" DFH disk, then it's easy to make gog files. I did it. You just take the files of the disk and imprt the wav files into drumagog to create your gog files.

nexis
Cool.
How to do this, please?
Nuendo 5, 5.5 & 6 and Cubase 6,7 & 7.5 with WK-ID Controller.
Fully 64-bit Intel Xeon E5-2687W 8-Core CPU with 32GB Quad Channel RAM
Adam A7 x 5, RME RayDAT 1 into 2 RME ADI-8 DS, Tascam DA-88 to RME ADI-8.