Retail Sample Libraries

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

John Lance

Retail Sample Libraries

Post by John Lance »

I've been searching the internet and not uncovered much except what is posted on the Drumagog site for sample libraries.

Does anyone have a list of good retail libraries that can be used with Drumagog, whether in "gog" format or not?
Reaper•Melodyne Studio 4.1.1.011•Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit•Intel Q6600•8 Gig Mem•Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56•Motu PCI-424 24io 2408•Mackie 800R
zumbido
Expert

Post by zumbido »

I don't know what your budget is, but for $300, I'd recommend BFD.

Do you have Gigastudio 3? The Larry Seymour Acoustic Drums are 'extensive'.
John Lance

Post by John Lance »

zumbido wrote:I don't know what your budget is, but for $300, I'd recommend BFD.

Do you have Gigastudio 3? The Larry Seymour Acoustic Drums are 'extensive'.
I looked at his (Larry Seyer's) Library and I think I really do want that, but it is Gigastudio only. No, I don't have Gigastudio 3. Gigastudio and Larry's library will be a consideration on down the road for me.

In all honesty, I am probably looking at another PC (as a slave) and/or a hardware upgrade to 2 dual core processors once things get ironed out for total workable functionality. It is all I can do to run 5 or 6 Drumagog's along with everything else in a 32 to 50 channel mix and my current PC will sometimes sputter severely.

I should probably look into "printing" the output of Drumagog onto another track.

I had the budget for Drumagog, and with the reviews and posted user opinions (by highly respectable folks), this was it for now.

I've the budget in the next month for probably no more than 2 decent sample libraries and I think the Purrrfect series is going to be one of those purchases. I am looking more for libraries that are good in general for rock, pop-rock, and metal.

Firstly I am looking for standard, quality drums to fit in that genre and that is the basis on which I want to make purchases right now.

Can anyone say how the Dan's House library would work into that category?

Other than libraries listed on the Drumagog site, I want to know of other good quality (professional) libraries that will work with Drumagog also. Even if I have to make my own "gog" file from the samples.
Reaper•Melodyne Studio 4.1.1.011•Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit•Intel Q6600•8 Gig Mem•Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56•Motu PCI-424 24io 2408•Mackie 800R
zumbido
Expert

Post by zumbido »

"I should probably look into "printing" the output of Drumagog onto another track."

Most definitely! Just record to an adjacent track and then disengage the original audio track and included plug-ins. This way you can easily 'revisit' the track if necessary and free up some computing power.

I always try to 'make' a track.

Make that executive decision! 8)
Farview
Expert

Post by Farview »

John Lance wrote: I am looking more for libraries that are good in general for rock, pop-rock, and metal.
Rock Drums might be the way.
Mike

Post by Mike »

John Lance wrote:
Can anyone say how the Dan's House library would work into that category?
I bought these but haven't used them a lot yet. I bought them because I thought they were some of the best samples included in the base product. they are pretty good quality and I happen to like vintage drums too. Lately I've been getting some pretty good sounds so have not used Drumagog much.

Mike