Suggestions for new DRUMAGOG versions / updates

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

Silberschwarz

Suggestions for new DRUMAGOG versions / updates

Post by Silberschwarz »

I got a suggestion for a new version/update to Drumagog:

I can´t find a possibility to set the install location in the installation process, if you don´t want to have it in c:programs but in c:plugins for example. It would be great if this would be possible.

And even more superb would be a possibility to set the folder of the gog files, so that it can be on a complete other partition or harddisk than the installation folder. It´s really annoying that one has to stick to the default folder - it is even not possible to set a linkage (don´t know if it is called so in English) to a folder somewhere else into the default folder - drumagog just doesn´t see/accept it.

If I just didn´t find the possibilities, tell me how to do it, otherwise it would really be great to have those features in a next version, cause these issues are really annoying, for example if you have to work with drumagog on different systems and want to have the gogfiles on an external drive without always copying etc.

Thank you!

I think anyone who has other suggestions for functionalities on next Drumagog versions/updates can just use this topic, so they are all collected here. Sounds like an idea?
Teri
Site Admin

Re: Suggestions for new DRUMAGOG versions / updates

Post by Teri »

Silberschwarz wrote:I got a suggestion for a new version/update to Drumagog:

I can´t find a possibility to set the install location in the installation process, if you don´t want to have it in c:programs but in c:plugins for example. It would be great if this would be possible.
Thanks for your suggestion.
Silberschwarz wrote:And even more superb would be a possibility to set the folder of the gog files, so that it can be on a complete other partition or harddisk than the installation folder. It´s really annoying that one has to stick to the default folder - it is even not possible to set a linkage (don´t know if it is called so in English) to a folder somewhere else into the default folder - drumagog just doesn´t see/accept it.
This is actually controlled in Drumagog's Advanced Tab. On the lower left hand corner, there is a "Gog Folder" sample file path. Select "change" to change the location that Drumagog should look for files. You can then move the samples to a location of your choice, and then tell Drumagog to find the samples here.

Many other users do have samples/gogs on other/extranal drives. While some have desirable results, some users experience problems when trying to recall (especially large) gog files in real time. I am not aware of any programs that can read off another (bootable) partition.
Silberschwarz wrote:If I just didn´t find the possibilities, tell me how to do it, otherwise it would really be great to have those features in a next version, cause these issues are really annoying, for example if you have to work with drumagog on different systems and want to have the gogfiles on an external drive without always copying etc.
In this situation, you could install Drumagog on your other system and then reconfigure the "Gog Folder" file location in the Advanced Tab to your external drive.
Teri Grossheim
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
Silberschwarz

Re: Suggestions for new DRUMAGOG versions / updates

Post by Silberschwarz »

Thank you very much!
Teri wrote:Many other users do have samples/gogs on other/extranal drives. While some have desirable results, some users experience problems when trying to recall (especially large) gog files in real time. I am not aware of any programs that can read off another (bootable) partition.
That´s interesting, cause professional producers did suggest me to put sample-like content on external harddisks (be it e.g. the Sounddata file for Spectrasonics Atmosphere oder the sample files of Native Instruments Kontakt, cause it reads samples in real time in its "DFD-direct from disc" funcionality), cause of having only sample data through the hard disc bus then, not being disturbed by read/write activities on c: (pagefile.sys for example) besides having an extra hard disc only for the audio records of Nuendo/Cubase.

Does Drumagog really read the samples "on the fly" from hard disc by playing the Nuendo/Cubase project? Or does it load all the needed samples into RAM by opening the specific Nuendo/Cubase project and then play it from RAM?
Which of course would be much more stable in use... i´d prefer that much.
Teri
Site Admin

Post by Teri »

Drumagog loads samples using RAM. Drumagog uses about 20-50 MB per instance.
Teri Grossheim
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
Eric

create midi-notes of hits ?

Post by Eric »

Im a total newbie to Drumagog and this forum, so I hope this is not already covered...

It would be very good if Drumagog have an option to create midi-notes of triggered hits. It would open up a lot of possibilities :-)

regards
Eric
Eric

Post by Eric »

OK - sorry.

I see now the wish for more streamlined midi functions is already expressed and answered earlier...
nexis

Post by nexis »

I think it would be cool if drumagog was also able to export in midi :) ...just my 2 cents.

Nexis
Teri
Site Admin

Post by Teri »

Drumagog can export MIDI. It's configured in the Advanced Tab, and you can use it to covert audio to MIDI or trigger samples from other virtual instruments (DFH, Battery, EZ Drummer), etc. using MIDI Pipe (Mac) or MIDI Yoke (PC).
export in midi ...just my 2 cents.
Export in MIDI - do you mean like a thru port?
Teri Grossheim
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.