Drumagog With BFD latency?

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

JimThompson

Drumagog With BFD latency?

Post by JimThompson »

Hi there,
I'm successfully using Drumagog to trigger kick and snare in BFD in Sonar 6 Producer Edition.

I'm using the fixed latency version, but I can't seem to get things to line up. After I bounce down and slide the new kick and snare back 80ms, they are still out of sync, so then I go and align the kick, but it seems like they are not consistently offset by the same amount- that the snare and the kick are off by different amounts.

Is this right?
I assumed I would just slide them back 80ms, but it seems random

Thanks for you help,
Jim
zumbido
Expert

Post by zumbido »

I posted this a while ago for someone else having problems with Sonar. Maybe there are some points that'll help you.

zumbido wrote:I believe, in Sonar, you must do a few 'extra' things...

SONAR

Since I use Cubase and not Sonar, I can only relate a few things that might help.

I don't think you need to use the 'fixed latency' version - I think that's for ProTools HD, but I could be wrong.

Also in Cubase, one needs to select 'plug-in delay compensation'. Perhaps there is something similar in Sonar?

Also, within BFD, make sure that the DRUMAGOG box is checked. I can't recall where exactly that can be found.

Hopefully these can help a bit.
JimThompson

Post by JimThompson »

Thanks zumbido,

Rim had recommended that Sonar users use the fixed latency version, so idk what to do :(
Also I do have the drumagog box checked.

Any advice Rim?

Thanks
Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim »

Hi,

The fixed latency version is recommended for all host programs that support plugin delay compensation. The only exceptions are Cubase and Nuendo. For these, it makes no difference which ones you use.

If the "out of sync" condition you're seeing is due by the hits being off by a few samples, this is not caused by latency, but rather Drumagog's auto align feature. It's recommended to use Psychoacoutical mode and to select either bass drums or snare drums (on the advanced page). If this still doesn't do it, the only option is to disable auto align completely (on the main page), and align the first sample by hand (the rest should be in perfect sync.

Best Regards,
Rim Buntinas
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
zumbido
Expert

Post by zumbido »

"The fixed latency version is recommended for all host programs that support plugin delay compensation. The only exceptions are Cubase and Nuendo. For these, it makes no difference which ones you use.

Now I know. I use Cubase anyways... the old ver. 5 - so what do I know...

8)