About to buy, need info.

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

Einar

About to buy, need info.

Post by Einar »

Hi, I´m just about to buy drumagog after testing the demo, but I have a few questions I need answered first... :wink:

Is it possible to buy the basic edition of Drumagog and then upgrade to pro or platinum when and if I feel it´s needed? I´m not really sure about which version to purchase, is there a good reason to go pro or platinum right away? For instance; what is advanced triggering mode, which is not in the basic edition?
How big is the sample library that comes with drumagog?
Are Drumagog updates free?
How do I make my own Drumagog samples? Do I just bounce/render a mono or stereo waveform and throw it in the the drumagog folder as a wav file?
zumbido
Expert

Post by zumbido »

I'd suggest going to at least 'PRO'.

If you are at all interested in BFD, then get 'PLATINUM' - which is what I have.

The 'extra' dimension with BFD, for me, is being able to use the Overheads, Room and PZM channels along with any sounds directly played from BFD.

I much prefer this effect over adding reverb or other efx -- BFD is much more natural sounding.

Once you purchase Drumagog, you'll get acces to a good-sized FREE library.

As far as making your own sounds, yes it is very easy. You can simply use any sound (doesn't even have to be drums) and load them (.wav, .aif., gog) directly into Drumagog.

Also, there are several readily available Drumagog (GOG) libraies available.
krizrox

Post by krizrox »

The actual answer to your question is yes - you can upgrade from Basic to Pro (in fact I just did that a few minutes ago). The upgrade price is $90 which is the difference in cost between the two versions. So, honestly, if you're not ready to buy the Pro version, you really don't lose out too much as you can upgrade later for the same price. A great way to check things out for a while before committing.

But I agree with zumbido - more than likely you will eventually want the Pro version (if you're like me). I found this product so invaluable I can't even begin to tell you how much it has saved my ass. I found the Basic version lacking though without the added features of the Pro version. Good luck!
Einar

Post by Einar »

Ok.. thanks very much you guys! :D