Using Drumagog Plantinum (BFD) & a Midi track

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

joey_capps

Using Drumagog Plantinum (BFD) & a Midi track

Post by joey_capps »

Don't know if this is more a Drumagog question or a BFD question. I'll try it here first.

I'm using the BFD option in Drumgog Plantinum (Fixed Latency) to replace a two part drum track--high hat, bass drum--that was originally programmed on Yamaha Motif and then recorded as an audio file. That's working well.

I want to add a snare track, and the simpliest way, one would think, would be write a midi track for the snare and route in directly into BFD. However, this creates a timing issue--the snare is out of sync with the rest of the song. So my first question is, can one use a midi track and Drumagog together to trigger BFD? If so how? My other midi tracks keyboard tracks are fine.

I've thought of a couple of work arounds--copying and editing the high hat or bass drum tracks, recording a snare drum--that's fine as well. My question would be as to the most effective way to eliminate the high hat strikes when the snare is hit. Would the ducking option work as I am already replacing the high hat? Can I have two instances of Drumagog on the same track? Or, should I edit the high hat track to remove those strikes? What do you think would sound most natural?

I'm using Cubase 4.

Thanks,

Joe
Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim »

Hi,

You're right, BFD can either be triggered by midi, or by Drumagog Platinum, but not both (timing issues will happen). The workaround is to do these separately, then bounce. Also, you can use more than one Drumagog on a track.