Knob Jumps Upon Clicking ? ( v annoying )

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

jjmacrae

Knob Jumps Upon Clicking ? ( v annoying )

Post by jjmacrae »

I've noticed that if the tune knob is at say -6 & I want to move it slowly through to what ever, when I click & hold on the knob to move it, it jumps to some random setting say +12 or -8. . This is most annoying . . Can it not be solved ? . . Please.
~ 2019 Rack Mac Pro 3.2 GHz 16 core 384 GB RAM Catalina 10.15.7 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2022.12.0 / HDX 2 + UAD2 PCIe OCTO+QUAD / HD I/O's x 4 + 1 x 96io / Digidesign Pre's x 3 / Avid S6 M10-24 -V22.12.1.34 ~
Teri
Site Admin

Knob Movements

Post by Teri »

If you would like to move the knob slowly, place the cursor over the knob, click the mouse button, and while keeping the mouse button clicked, move the cursor a few inches away from the knob. You will find that the knob is easier to fine tune on this arc.

Think of starting in the middle of a clock, then moving the cursor to where the numbers are. Following the path of the numbers will allow "slower" movements of the knob.
jjmacrae

Re: Knob Movements

Post by jjmacrae »

Teri wrote:If you would like to move the knob slowly, place the cursor over the knob, click the mouse button, and while keeping the mouse button clicked, move the cursor a few inches away from the knob. You will find that the knob is easier to fine tune on this arc.

Think of starting in the middle of a clock, then moving the cursor to where the numbers are. Following the path of the numbers will allow "slower" movements of the knob.
Hi Teri. .
This is the problem. . As soon as I click, the knob jumps. . ?
~ 2019 Rack Mac Pro 3.2 GHz 16 core 384 GB RAM Catalina 10.15.7 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2022.12.0 / HDX 2 + UAD2 PCIe OCTO+QUAD / HD I/O's x 4 + 1 x 96io / Digidesign Pre's x 3 / Avid S6 M10-24 -V22.12.1.34 ~
Teri
Site Admin

Post by Teri »

I would start with the cursor over the knob. Then left-click and hold. Navigate away from the knob (approximately 3 inches). Then, move the cursor in a clockwise/counterclockwise fashion. You should be able to fine control the value of the knob.