Drumagog triggering BFD latency in Sonar

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

JimThompson

Drumagog triggering BFD latency in Sonar

Post by JimThompson »

Hi everybody,
Drumagog is a lifesaver for drum replacement,
I was wondering if anyone is having luck triggering BFD All or BFD Ultra with Drumagog in Sonar without extreme latency?

If I use the DXI version of BFD and have Drumagog trigger it, there is reallllly bad delay.
Is there anyway to fix this?

Sonar Producer 6.2.1
BFD V. 1.5.45 Q
Drumagog V 4.10
Inserted Drumagog first and then BFD

Thanks for your help,
Jim[/img]
Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim »

Hi,
Your version of BFD is much too old. You need the latest beta version, 1.5.046 B8. Also, you'll need to use the VST version of BFD. Make sure to always insert Drumagog first. Let me know if that fixes the issue

Best Regards,
Rim Buntinas
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
JimThompson

Post by JimThompson »

Hi Rim, Thanks for your help,

I'm running the latest BFD now.
Is there something about the VST version of BFD that is better in Sonar than the DXI?
The reason I ask is because the VST version of BFD does not correctly assign outputs, many of them are missing, so I feel forced to use the DXI version, is this alright?

In the BFD options panel I checked Drumagog mode. In BFD it says latency (tot: 80.00, cli: 79.98, bfd: 80.00) ms
Whats cli stand for? I'm guessing that I could just nudge my Drumagog audio tracks back the 80 ms and everything should be alright correct?

Also, I'm using "Drumagog Fixed Latency", is there something bad with that?

Thanks so much,
Jim
Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim »

Jim,

In Sonar you should be using the Fixed Latency version (the latency in this version is fixed at 80ms, which makes it easier for audio programs like Sonar to compensate for the latency). The three latency displays within BFD are for debugging purposes only, you can ignore them.

Best Regards,
Rim Buntinas
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.