Thinking about buying..have a question

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

Skylar20

Thinking about buying..have a question

Post by Skylar20 »

Hey, i'm fairly new at audio engineering and have been looking into drumagog for a little while because i need something to beef up my drum sounds. I was thinking about buying drumagog pro; however, all drumagog pro lacks from platinum is BFD and platinum is $90 more than pro. Can you guys explain to me what BFD is and what this platinum drumagog will give me different from pro? Also, i listened to the steven slate samples and they sound incredible. Are his samples worth buying or will the standard drumagog samples be sufficient (what i mean is, are his samples better quality than drumagog's)? Is drumagog difficult to work with and understand. I just don't want to buy a very complicated program because I am pretty new to engineering. Thanks a lot!
zumbido
Expert

Post by zumbido »

This is BFD.

With Drumagog Platinum, you can interface DIRECTLY to BFD.

Aside from the extra expansion packs available from BFD there are third party ones as well, such as Platinum Samples.

You can also utilize samples directly within Drumagog - such as the Steven Slate library or make your own.

I use a combination of all the above.

As far as the difficulty in using Drumagog, that is very subjective. I've been using it for several years and it seems quite easy to me.

And it gives incredible results as well.
Skylar20

Post by Skylar20 »

thanks for the quick response. So, would i be able to buy drumagog pro (no bfd) and steven slate's addition and be set? His samples sound great for what i am looking for.
Skylar20

Post by Skylar20 »

"So, would i be able to buy drumagog pro (no bfd) and steven slate's addition and be set? His samples sound great for what i am looking for."

I am really serious about buying drumagog so if anyone can answer my question that would be great! :D
jared_ectremors

Post by jared_ectremors »

Yes, you can buy drumagog without BFD and use the Steven Slate samples. Which is what I did on my last recording. The Steven Slate sample library is amazing, especially the kick drums. Well worth every penny.
Skylar20

Post by Skylar20 »

Great, thanks a lot! I'm really excited to make this purchase. If anyone has anything else to add, feel free.
YellowMatter
Expert

Post by YellowMatter »

Thanks for checking out the samples. We're proud to have some of the world's top mixers using these samples on some of today's top albums.

Here are two audio demos NOT on the page.

First one is a rock demo with snare4 and kick2:

click here

Next is a hard rock demo that models the sound of the deftones, a very sought after punchy drum sound with snare5 and kick1:
click here

You can purchase Steven Slate Drums at:
www.drumagog.com/buy.htm#slate