Midi triggers double hits

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

Jance

Midi triggers double hits

Post by Jance »

Hey, just trying the demo.

ProTools 7.1.1 OSX 10.4.8 Mac Mini 2GB Ram

I'm hoping to trigger drumagog live (stevenslate samples) with my Roland VDrums.

I set up a midiSnare track with output into my gogSnare track, and a midiKick track into a gogKick track. Triggering works, but I'm getting double hits no matter what. I hit the kick once and get two quick kicks. Same with snare. It's almost as if it's triggering again at the note off?

Thanks for any suggestions!
zumbido
Expert

Post by zumbido »

Sounds as if you are sending two note-ons.

Do you have a MIDI loop somewhere - is there a setting on your drum-brain called 'Local On/Off'? That may not be set correctly.
Jance

Post by Jance »

Thanks for the suggestion - I've tried local on/off both ways and still get the double hits.

This is with the Roland TD-V6. Things trigger normally with my basic BFD setup. (I'm not trying BFD with Drumagog in this case; just the stevenslate drums gog).

I'll keep digging.
Jance

Post by Jance »

Still no luck. Is anyone else successfully triggering Drumagog live with the Roland TD-6V? My drummer's bringing his Kat over later, so we'll see how that works.

I can't find anything that seems like it would send two note on's. When I click on the drum icon in the Drumagog interface, it hits once. When I hit a drum pad, I get two quick hits.
Jance

Post by Jance »

Some more info: If I record midi, then I can tell that the second hit is at the note-off point, by editing the duration of the note. It clearly hits once at the beginning and again at the end of the duration of a single midi note. Also, when I click and hold the mouse on a midi note, it triggers, and when I release the mouse, it triggers again. This is in ProTools.

Any ideas?