is it possible to use drumagog against a whole song?

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

Vantre

is it possible to use drumagog against a whole song?

Post by Vantre »

Hi folks,

just wondering if it's possible (in theory) to use drumagog against a whole song? (ie where all the audio parts are in the one track as opposed to just the drum track)

I know this isn't how it's intended, but i've got some demo recordings of my old band that i'd love to be able to get the drum parts out of & replace.

Would it be possible to make several tracks of the initial audio file & apply various eq & other effects to them to try to enhance specific drum kits parts & lessen others to make drumagog more effective?

I appreciate this isn't going to get perfect results (if at all), but if it's vaguely possible & there are any pointers, it'd be much appreciated!

cheers

V
E

Post by E »

in theory, that could work ...but it could be tremendously hard to isolate certain tracks if it was not mixed well. I would try and find the snare and kick by finding the fundamentals with a EQ using a very narrow bandwidth.
Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim »

While Drumagog is not designed for this purpose, you can usually get acceptable results with triggering the bass drum and snare drum in your recording. To do this, make two copies of the track, put Drumagog on both, then use the built-in filter in Drumagog to zero in on the frequency ranges you need. For example, a low pass filter on the first Drumagog (for triggering the bass drum), and a hipass or notch filter on the second Drumagog (for the snare).

Best Regards,
Rim Buntinas
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.