How many installs do you get?

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

rickycobble

How many installs do you get?

Post by rickycobble »

I'm a freelance engineer and like taking my plugins with me on an iLok. Drumagog doesn't look like it uses iLok authorization. How many installs do you get? I would like to be able to put it on my two main computers that I will be using at seperate locations.
Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim »

That's no problem. We allow multiple installs. Just repeat the unlocking process for the other machines.

Best Regards,
Rim Buntinas
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
stinkpot

Post by stinkpot »

Sorry if this will become self evident later, but I'm trying to head off any issues.

I'll be installing Drumagog on my desktop and my laptop. My desktop is a dedicated audio computer and is not connected to the internet. Is that going to be a problem when unlocking?

Thanks, and I'm really excited to start using Drumagog!!!
Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim »

Hi,

This will not be a problem. Drumagog doesn't need internet access on the machine it's installed on.

Best Regards,
Rim Buntinas
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
sscannon

Post by sscannon »

So....no ilok. That means I have to uninstall from my desktop PC, install on my laptop, re-authorize, then uninstall from my laptop to use it again on my PC. Is there an easier way for me to use the plugin on both my computers? Do I need a multi-user license or something?
www.themixingworkshop.com
Professional Ear Training for Engineers
Teri
Site Admin

Post by Teri »

You can install Drumagog on any computer you are using as a freelance engineer, either from a DVD or "full retail version" download. Simply install it on both computers, then obtain unlock codes for each computer by submitting each CPUID via the support page.

We only ask that if you are working out of a studio for a period of time, to uninstall Drumagog so that others do not take advantage of a "free copy".
Teri Grossheim
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
John Lance

Post by John Lance »

I don't really like dongles but they do have their advantages for software authorizations and are already a fact of life for many.

Are there any future plans for iLok or Syncrosoft dongle authorizations?

The conveniences, I believe, would outweigh the disadvantages.

I believe it is possible to keep the current authorization method unless the client chooses a dongle method. Celemony has done this.

I do appreciate your liberal policy however concerning additional authorizations.

Right now I've created a dual boot WinXP and Vista Ultimate 64 bit machine and am fixing to reauthorize for the Vista partition. I am pretty much running 32 bit apps so that should not be an issue. Vista handles processor assignments and memory so much better...
Reaper•Melodyne Studio 4.1.1.011•Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit•Intel Q6600•8 Gig Mem•Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56•Motu PCI-424 24io 2408•Mackie 800R
Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W »

Thanks for your input. We're considering all of the various copy protection systems that are available, and may decide down the road to go in another direction. I'm very interested in what our users are looking for, so if anyone else has thoughts on our system please send us an email weighing in on it.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com
nowhereman

Re: How many installs do you get?

Post by nowhereman »

I thought it was a bit laborious as I use a multi boot system and I don't have email access on my music hard drive OS, so i had to go back and forth between closing programs rebooting, booting to new OS , etc. I am not big on dongles but it is a breeze with my two systems and Cubase, just pull out the dongle from one insert it on the other boot up and go. So that might be a preferable system for me as I also plan on doing some independent engineering at other studios in the near future.
Fall Guys SoundClick
Broken Arrow Studio
"I'm a Pisces fish and the river runs through my soul" G. Harrison 2001 <'{{{}}}><
alwynwalker

Post by alwynwalker »

I would just like to add my weight to the DRUMAGOG FOR ILOK camp.

All my other plugins for protools are on Ilok. (except for metric halo's channelstrip, which I'm ALSO considering getting rid of for the same reason)

I thought it was annoying enough to have to re-authorize drumagog if i changed cpu ID, but today i just had to do it because I replaced my system drive with a new one (cloned with superduper software).

This is just hassle I don't need, especially when using other studios. Surely Drumagog is popular enough now on protools that Ilok is the way to go?

Alwyn Walker
Komodo Studios
www.myspace.com/alwynwalker
chlady

Post by chlady »

I'm from the other side of the camp. How often are you changing HDs? It takes 5 minutes to reauthorize with a code, Just wait until you break or lose an ilok and see what you have to go through.