Drum Kit From Hell

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

Tony_Premier

Drum Kit From Hell

Post by Tony_Premier »

Hey guys! I am planning to purchase Drumagog 5, just not sure if the Gold or Platinum Edition would fit me. I use Drum Kit From Hell via Apple Logic. What I plan to do is record each individual drum on a separate audio track in stead of midi. The problem I have is, when I use the mulichannel output, the toms are in just one track, not three or four. Would that cause a problem trying to use Drumagog when all the toms are in just one track??
Chris M
Expert

Re: Drum Kit From Hell

Post by Chris M »

Hello,

Drumagog is used to trigger one drum per track. Though, using the Druamgog trigger filter could potentially be useful. Essentially, you would copy the tom track as many times as you have toms, and add Drumagog to each of these tracks (with a different tom sample). Then, you can set the trigger filter so that Drumagog only triggers when the corresponding tom is played. However, given that different toms are pretty similar sounding, it might be difficult to fine-tune the trigger filter precisely enough. If you make multiple copies of the tom track, you could always manually edit them so that each track contains hits only when its respective tom is being played.

Best,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs
bapu

Post by bapu »

Although new to Drumamgog (using the Demo, my purchased copy is due to arrive Friday), I have found a pretty useful way to deal with toms (if all toms are on a single track). I use Melodyne.

I import the toms track into melodyne, set the mode to polyphinic, and convert to MIDI.

Of course the MIDI is not spot on but with a little effort and a CAL script (I'm a SONAR user) to reassign note values I can move around the stray hits into three to six groups (depending on toms used) and then reassign them the correct keyboard map for toms.
neilwilkes
Expert

Post by neilwilkes »

Can you not assign separate channel outputs for the Toms?
You certainly can in BFD2, and I would have thought it was possible to do this in DFH as well.
I have 8 stereo outputs available in DFH2 (but no mono ones, oddly - BFD2 gives me 8 stereo & 16 mono)

Also, are the samples from DFH not included with D5?
Nuendo 5, 5.5 & 6 and Cubase 6,7 & 7.5 with WK-ID Controller.
Fully 64-bit Intel Xeon E5-2687W 8-Core CPU with 32GB Quad Channel RAM
Adam A7 x 5, RME RayDAT 1 into 2 RME ADI-8 DS, Tascam DA-88 to RME ADI-8.